scag or exmark?

crossarm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking to buy a new mower soon. I have a badboy 60 inch 27 hp. Mowing 4 yards (about an acre and a half apiece) Have narrowed my search down to exmark lazer x or scag turf tiger. Both have good dealers in my town. I know everyone has an opinion and personal favorite. I can get a better deal on the exmark. Thanks

LoCo86

Threads
Though they are both good mowers. I would go with the Exmark lazer x. Just for the cut quality that it delivers. Both mowers are built to last. But I can not see spending ten thousand dollars when you only mow four yard. I my self used to push mow yards of that size but that was when I was younger. I believe a good walk behind from exmark would be a better option.

PVHIII

Threads
Looking to buy a new mower soon. I have a badboy 60 inch 27 hp. Mowing 4 yards (about an acre and a half apiece) Have narrowed my search down to exmark lazer x or scag turf tiger. Both have good dealers in my town. I know everyone has an opinion and personal favorite. I can get a better deal on the exmark. Thanks

Have you considered a Hustler?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads

i would look at a vanatage form them nice mower an cheaper then a Lazer :tongue::thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
i would look at a Vantage form them nice mower an cheaper then a Lazer :tongue::thumbsup:

I agree with you Kodie if your looking at the Exmark line I'd goe with the Exmark Vantage Stander, lots better on the back and it's faster and more maneuverable than the ZTR.

crossarm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys. I'm a sitdown kinda guy. Gonna see how the best deal works out.

LoCo86

Threads
Just looked at a vantage x-series 52" cut. They wanted $9,000. Thought that was too much so I went with a Toro Grandstand 52" instead. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. Just waiting on them to ship it to the dealer. I hope it cuts as good as an Exmark. Reading the reviews and from what's been said on the forum I don't think I will be disappointed.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Just looked at a vantage x-series 52" cut. They wanted $9,000. Thought that was too much so I went with a Toro Grandstand 52" instead. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. Just waiting on them to ship it to the dealer. I hope it cuts as good as an Exmark. Reading the reviews and from what's been said on the forum I don't think I will be disappointed.

Toro mowers cut really well i own a 2000 model 37inch walkbehind it works an mows great :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

I believe that Grandstand comes with the same TurboForce deck as the Toro Z-Master commercial series ZTRs. You can expect a cut that equals the quality of just about anything else in the $5k-$10k range!!

LoCo86

Threads
I believe that Grandstand comes with the same TurboForce deck as the Toro Z-Master commercial series ZTRs. You can expect a cut that equals the quality of just about anything else in the $5k-$10k range!!

It does come with the fully 7- gauge turbo force deck. Since Toro is the parent company of Exmark I would think that their dependability, durability, and most importantly quality of cut is equal to what I have come to expect out of my Exmark mowers. Change in equipment makes me slightly nervous. I've been using Exmark for over a decade and would love to stay with them, however I feel that their prices keep rising without justification and not many overall improvements being made to the machine. I personally refuse to own a ZTR but need relief from using a walk behind without sacrificing maneuverability. So I decided to go with a stand on unit.