Scag Liberty Z 48" vs 52" - torn

The Scag manual says 20 hours and the Kawasaki manual says 8 hour? Confusing but I'm going to go with the 8 hours.
Thanks
I just bought a Liberty Z 48 with the Kawasaki. The Scag manual seems a bit flaky. In the maintenance chart it calls for oil change only at 8 and 50 hrs, then oil and filter at 100 hrs. In the INITIAL RUN-IN PROCEDURES of the manual it calls for oil and filter at 20 hrs. Seems like they need to review the manual. I have filters and oil on hand so I plan to change both around 8 hrs. This is a fantastic mower.
 
The 8 hour oil change is important. The engine comes to you with 'break-in' oil in it. Do NOT wanna leave that in there longer than the 8 hour period. Or the oil filter that is full of that oil as well.

After that I change mine at end of each mow season, or @ 50 hours. Always with new oil filter too.


Remember you have (two) HG 2800 pumps on your Liberty that drive the rear wheels, & they require a change of both oil filters & the 20w-50 oil Scag recommends @ 50 hours. After that I believe next service for the pumps is 400 hours.

Enjoy your new machine. That is the same size Z I'm thinking about getting as well.
 
The 8 hour oil change is important. The engine comes to you with 'break-in' oil in it. Do NOT wanna leave that in there longer than the 8 hour period. Or the oil filter that is full of that oil as well.

After that I change mine at end of each mow season, or 50 hours. Always with new oil filter too.


Remember you have (two) HG 2800 pumps on your Liberty that drive the rear wheels, & they require a change of both oil filters & the 20w-50 oil Scag recommends 50 hours. After that I believe next service for the pumps is 400 hours.

Enjoy your new machine. That is the same size Z I'm thinking about getting as well.
I got the oil changed this weekend a bit early but this was recommended by my Scag dealer, so it has new oil and filter. Where are you seeing that the ZT-2800 hydros require oil and filter at 50 hrs? The maintenance chart in the manual shows 100 hrs and then every 400 hrs?

BTW avoid using the ampersand in posts as it prevented me from replying or previewing my post. The system thinks this is a link and being a new user it would not allow me to reply.
 
I got the oil changed this weekend a bit early but this was recommended by my Scag dealer, so it has new oil and filter. Where are you seeing that the ZT-2800 hydros require oil and filter at 50 hrs? The maintenance chart in the manual shows 100 hrs and then every 400 hrs?

BTW avoid using the ampersand in posts as it prevented me from replying or previewing my post. The system thinks this is a link and being a new user it would not allow me to reply.

2 more post and all will be good.
 
The 8 hour oil change is important. The engine comes to you with 'break-in' oil in it. Do NOT wanna leave that in there longer than the 8 hour period. Or the oil filter that is full of that oil as well.

After that I change mine at end of each mow season, or @ 50 hours. Always with new oil filter too.


Remember you have (two) HG 2800 pumps on your Liberty that drive the rear wheels, & they require a change of both oil filters & the 20w-50 oil Scag recommends @ 50 hours. After that I believe next service for the pumps is 400 hours.

Enjoy your new machine. That is the same size Z I'm thinking about getting as well.

After 5 post the @ means nothing.
 
I got the oil changed this weekend a bit early but this was recommended by my Scag dealer, so it has new oil and filter. Where are you seeing that the ZT-2800 hydros require oil and filter at 50 hrs? The maintenance chart in the manual shows 100 hrs and then every 400 hrs?

I read it on a one of the sites, possibly Hydro-Gear site. And a fellow / friend owner said same thing.
 
Re: Scag Liberty Z 48" vs 52" - torn ( Hydros service @ 100 hours )

The 8 hour oil change is important. The engine comes to you with 'break-in' oil in it. Do NOT wanna leave that in there longer than the 8 hour period. Or the oil filter that is full of that oil as well.

After that I change mine at end of each mow season, or @ 50 hours. Always with new oil filter too.


Remember you have (two) HG 2800 pumps on your Liberty that drive the rear wheels, & they require a change of both oil filters & the 20w-50 oil Scag recommends @ 50 hours. After that I believe next service for the pumps is 400 hours.

Enjoy your new machine. That is the same size Z I'm thinking about getting as well.

Correction, Scag Liberty states @ first 100 hours for hydros service.
I apologize for the bad info.
 
The 8 hour oil change is important. The engine comes to you with 'break-in' oil in it. Do NOT wanna leave that in there longer than the 8 hour period. Or the oil filter that is full of that oil as well.

After that I change mine at end of each mow season, or @ 50 hours. Always with new oil filter too.


Remember you have (two) HG 2800 pumps on your Liberty that drive the rear wheels, & they require a change of both oil filters & the 20w-50 oil Scag recommends @ 50 hours. After that I believe next service for the pumps is 400 hours.

Enjoy your new machine. That is the same size Z I'm thinking about getting as well.

Thanks, this is exactly what I am going to do. I'm just getting around to the 50 hour mark and I did change it and filter at the 8 hr mark.
Great machine, should had bought one a long time ago.
 
Back
Top