Scag Freedom Z 48 won't start

This is the same for me on my Liberty Z: PTO switch. I had already replaced two Starter Solenoids and it cranked intermittently; then before ordering another solenoid, I looked through the interwebs (again) and thankfully I came across this thread. I ordered a cheap PTO switch on ebay, and installed easily with the removal of (3) 7/16" hex bolts to access the back of the mounting plate. The plug looked somewhat pulled away, too. I did the PTO switch swap in minutes, then I also installed a freshly charged battery. Boom - cranked and cut my yard. (Note: The other battery was down to 10.6V but did began to click and whirl with the new PTO switch.)
 
...then I also installed a freshly charged battery. Boom - cranked and cut my yard. (Note: The other battery was down to 10.6V but did began to click and whirl with the new PTO switch.)
>> Even with the key OFF some electrical power is always allowed to flow. The only way to stop the battery "discharge" during long winter storage is to TOTALLY disconnect one of the terminals from the battery. You can physically remove the terminal, OR you can get one of those $9 disconnect devices off Amazon. HERE.

Your battery will have a much longer life if you do something like this.
 
Or............... get something to maintain your battery, for me it was the Battery MINDer® 1500. Set it & forget it..
 
Back
Top