Saying hi and where to search.

GaryTroy

Threads
Hi. Name is Gary. I own a 1995 K gro Power Pro Model LT4218. Where in this forum can I find info on my old beast?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you post the model and serial numbers for your unit someone should be able to help you out. More often or not the info you are looking for is not available on the form, but the techs here can find the info you want and point you in the right direction, as long as you tell us exactly what you need.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Parts lookup for the LT4218B. IF you are looking for transaxle parts then you are out of luck as the manufacture is out of business.

GaryTroy

Threads
Parts lookup for the LT4218B. IF you are looking for transaxle parts then you are out of luck as the manufacture is out of business.

Thanks. Yeah Looking for a complete transaxle or one that works with it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW ride on transmissions have standard mounting points
Most modern ones have 2 sets of mounting holes , close together for Lawn Tractors and wider apart for Garden tractors
After that is is just the position of the stabilizer and controls that differ and of course the diameter of the pulley
So depending upon your level of fitting skills virtually any rear axel can be fitter to any mower
Axel lengths and wheel fixing also can be mower specific
I inherited a pile of RER axels , some of which I have managed to fit to tractor style mowers

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
FWIW ride on transmissions have standard mounting points
Most modern ones have 2 sets of mounting holes , close together for Lawn Tractors and wider apart for Garden tractors
After that is is just the position of the stabilizer and controls that differ and of course the diameter of the pulley
So depending upon your level of fitting skills virtually any rear axel can be fitter to any mower
Axel lengths and wheel fixing also can be mower specific
I inherited a pile of RER axels , some of which I have managed to fit to tractor style mowers
So when you start searching for a specific transaxle, let’s just say for example, a Hydro Gear ZT2800, you see dozens of different model numbers. Is that because different manufacturers specified slightly different specifications, or because they are slightly physically different? I have wondered about the ability to swap similar, but not exact models on transaxle.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The positions of the controls vary
Some are on the left, some are on the right some are on the top
Some push for forward & some pull for forward
Some have overflow tanks some don't
Some have splines on the input shaft , some have flats some have a hub
Then there is a dozen different fans
Plus a plethoria of different axels, lengths diameters , method of holding the wheels on .

GaryTroy

Threads
The positions of the controls vary
Some are on the left, some are on the right some are on the top
Some push for forward & some pull for forward
Some have overflow tanks some don't
Some have splines on the input shaft , some have flats some have a hub
Then there is a dozen different fans
Plus a plethoria of different axels, lengths diameters , method of holding the wheels on .
😵😵😵 Sounds like the ole lady might end up in the scrapper.....

GaryTroy

Threads
OK soooo,My transaxle does not have a fan and a big pulley. Does that help knowing what type of unit I have? (meaning hydrostatic or just a plain 6 speed)