SAVE MY MOWER !!!!! OTHER HALF WANTS TO SCRAP IT AND MAKE A KIDS TOY !!! HELP

angellonewolf

Threads
  • / SAVE MY MOWER !!!!! OTHER HALF WANTS TO SCRAP IT AND MAKE A KIDS TOY !!! HELP
i have a hayter hawk lawn mower seen its best days to be fair but starts first pull !!!!

please see link to thead how to fix the carb

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/small...t-work-out-where-linage-goes-hayter-hawk.html

we are having a heated chat my other half said we got the mower to sort it out for her dad to make a gokart

i got the mower not working and have spent some time (mins here and there) playing with it

the other day i removed all wires and carb cleaned the carb rubbers with new fuel and cleaned all contacts and cleaned the oil out the side piece as there was oil in the breather tube put back together and started but with problems yea!!!

started playing with the carb linkages tonight and out she come and said have you got it started yet as her dad wanted so he can start the job

to be fair to her the exhaust is shot and need replacing dont know if you could get a new one or any type or replacment

the carb linkges are shot and need sorting (this i am in the middle of please see thread )

the deck has a hole in it and will need welding (cant understand why the rest of the deck is very solid )

but please start a vote sod save the whale-save the mower !!!!!!!!

i cant realy put it to death as it just starts too good first pull.it needs a air filter (what can i use for this just cut up any sponge ?)

help me make a defense for this poor defenseless mower

yes i know this is a bit stupid but cant help fight for to underdog and as it runs well

Attachments

• $T2eC16V,!zcE9s4g3L5ZBR,BcHumLQ~~60_1.JPG
    $T2eC16V,!zcE9s4g3L5ZBR,BcHumLQ~~60_1.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 18

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / SAVE MY MOWER !!!!! OTHER HALF WANTS TO SCRAP IT AND MAKE A KIDS TOY !!! HELP
That is one strange looking mower... at least to these American eyes. :laughing:

What is that piece of tubing mounted to the front of the deck?

The deck looks very narrow relative to the size of the engine. Is this common among UK mowers?

It looks like a pretty common Briggs & Stratton engine ==> very easy to find parts like the exhaust and air filter element.

Do you have an idea how old it is? Since it's so odd looking, it may be collectible -- but again, that's my perspective as an American.

Good luck and please post some more photos.

angellonewolf

Threads
That is one strange looking mower... at least to these American eyes. :laughing:

The deck looks very narrow relative to the size of the engine. Is this common among UK mowers?

It looks like a pretty common Briggs & Stratton engine ==> very easy to find parts like the exhaust and air filter element.

Do you have an idea how old it is? Since it's so odd looking, it may be collectible -- but again, that's my perspective as an American.

i have posted a few pics before if you can look through the threads but wanted a discussion/debate on how to save this mower lol

angellonewolf

Threads
any one know what engine this is ?

mistermowerman

Threads

I have never seen one ,they where made for working in grave yards and such where space is limited ,i think the handle is for easy carrying , and at 12 inches wide it is very narrow even for over here . :smile: