safety switch?

mugsey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Morning all, I mowed over some branches on my Honda ride on HF2620HME, and the engine cut out. I can start the engine, engage the blades which work, but can only go forward and back a very small amount before the engine cuts out. I have removed the branch that was stuck in the area where the drive belt was. The belt is on, and I have checked underneath for any other obstructions. Could this be a safety switch that has kicked in? If so how would I stop it?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would inspect drive belt & idler pulleys carefully for damage or pieces of wood wedged between drive belt & pulleys.

Scroll down just under youtube videos for your free manual download, these machines are not available in USA. If you are still having trouble contact HONDA Technical Support.

this forum above is also available.

Last edited:

mugsey

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would inspect drive belt & idler pulleys carefully for damage or pieces of wood wedged between drive belt & pulleys.
Thank you Mark. Think I will double check the rear axle again, and then look at the front where there drive belt goes in.

mugsey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does Mark or anyone else know what this green switch is on this machine? It releases when you press down the accelerator or the reverse. Also the black switch also releases when you accelerate. Currently the machine goes forward normally if I push the accelerator down, but do not allow the green with to release. The blades do not engage now though. Desperate as no mechanics are working. ??

mugsey

Forum Newbie
Threads
have double checked that the drive belts does not have any impediments.