Sad day

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
The mind is a very complex thing and no country has done more research on manipulating the mind than the USA. ( sorry not the evil Russians )
A lot of this was sponsored by the advertising industry and boosted by the political parties,
USA citizens will argue this point but they are the most brainwashed people on the planet.
The success of Coke a Cola is the prefect proof of this.

Your mind is basically lazy & always takes the least energy path to any conclusion
Magic is based on this
A classic trick is the blind taste test Coke vs Pepsi .
Better than 90% will always say the first one they tried was the best , even when they are trying the same drink each time . ( try it at home at your next BBQ with whatever brew you want )

I have a bad habit of "overthinking" way too many things. Like when someone tells me something, My first reaction is to listen. Then understand what they're saying. Then understand their situation. And then figure out why they even said it.
All the while trashing the unimportant parts of their statements.

At least that's the way I am with having meaningful conversation. It pisses my kids off when I do that. lol

Speaking of Brainwashed... I can't stand rap. But LOVE this song. And this artist.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
We'll keep the thread open for now because everybody has been polite. Let's keep it that way!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a bad habit of "overthinking" way too many things. Like when someone tells me something, My first reaction is to listen. Then understand what they're saying. Then understand their situation. And then figure out why they even said it.
All the while trashing the unimportant parts of their statements.

At least that's the way I am with having meaningful conversation. It pisses my kids off when I do that. lol

Speaking of Brainwashed... I can't stand rap. But LOVE this song. And this artist.

Same story for a younger demographic in a media that they will understand
I have always been quite fond of Frank Zappa as a social commentator & philosopher
His take the news we get presented with from 1960
Although it is sort of beat poetry, you could just about rap it .
Not my favourite version of it, the latter 1972 version was mucically a lot more enjoyable

Then the commentry on TV content from 76 is still quite relevent today

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You guys are getting rowdy in here. Thread closed.

MowManWV

Threads
Sorry I haven't been back to continue. Thanks to Bert for answering my questions (although at first I took "Oz" to mean "he isn't going to answer!") LOL.

I'll have to get back on here later and re-read the replies and reply properly.

Had bro's funeral Wednesday. Today was the first day I really felt "myself" but I haven't felt the desire to make time for this discussion.

I saw a great deal of "virus hysteria" yesterday and today, new levels of bizarre behavior and confused reasoning. I really should have majored in psychology I guess.

I have several yards to mow tomorrow, more brush to clear on Sunday, and a rather intense mowing contract to do Monday or Tuesday. I'll try to reply when I can.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Last week we installed water hammer arresters in the house plumbing. Toughest part was the water line feeding the ice maker to the frig. The middle toilet was pretty easy.

Doe you guys cover your roof whirly-birds in winter time? To try and keep some heat in the attic?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry I haven't been back to continue. Thanks to Bert for answering my questions (although at first I took "Oz" to mean "he isn't going to answer!") LOL.

I'll have to get back on here later and re-read the replies and reply properly.

Had bro's funeral Wednesday. Today was the first day I really felt "myself" but I haven't felt the desire to make time for this discussion.

I saw a great deal of "virus hysteria" yesterday and today, new levels of bizarre behavior and confused reasoning. I really should have majored in psychology I guess.

I have several yards to mow tomorrow, more brush to clear on Sunday, and a rather intense mowing contract to do Monday or Tuesday. I'll try to reply when I can.

Sorry about the funeral, hope everything went well or as well as a funeral can go .

Yes there is a lot of hysteria which is no surprise considering all of the mixed messages coming from both sides . And the fact that new data comes in every day which changes things which just adds to the confusion.
This of course makes people confused and then emotion kicks in and rational thought goes right out the window.
I was at a customers place who had a swimming pool .
Out the front and back was enough santizing gear to wipe out ebola from an African village, garbage bags for used wipes disposable gloves to handle the disposable gloves after you had sanitized your hands then sprayed all your cloths with dissinfectant .
I suggested as it was summer & quite warm, it might be easier just to slip your shoes off, empty their pockets then dive into the water and do a couple of laps ensuring that their heads were fully under water .
He thought this was stupid because then he would have to drain all of the water out of the pool & sanitize that as well.
Eventually the penny dropped and after consulting both his doctor & the pool company ,he upped the chlorine level in the pool and actually rang back to thank me as he had been fighting to get the kids to go through the whole decontamination bit, but jumping into the pool fully clothed they thought was fun.

Now if you really want to get into conspiracies, you might want to think about the way popular medecine divorces people from their own bodies so one has to prepetually go bother your GP, at a price.
While the virus is dangerous, it is also very easy to kill the packets outside the body, a simple swim or lay in the sunlight will do the job just fine .

It is one case when the farmers seem to be a lot better educated than the city folk.
Most farmers know the difference between the 4 common forms of infection , Viral , Bacterial , Fungal & Parrasitic so they understand what an appropriate lever of decontamination is.
City folk just don't seem to get it .

MowManWV

Threads
Thanks. My brother lived life the way he saw fit.....something vastly lacking these days.

Your customer is a nutcase......Cult of Covid.

Sunlight breaks the virus down in 1 minute 40 seconds due to the UV component. That was the last useful bit of information I heard from official sources and that was summer of 2020. I forget when I heard (from CDC) that "3 feet is sufficient distance" and "it's hard to catch from a surface" (also CDC) but like the benefits of sunlight, no one wants to talk about it.

Niece is a nurse and reported to me today "lots of 1-month old babies in the hospital with Covid." I asked her, "since they are all 1-month old, how many of their mothers got vaxxed while they were in the womb?" She doesn't believe the hospital will ever share that tid bit.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
662,736 have died from Covid in a year and a half, how many people die each year from diabetes? Look it up.
Phil Valentine died of covid he was in good health had good vitamin D levels like he always said was essential to fight off covid. He was my ride home for many years it saddens me greatly that he is gone. There is no way he can be replaced just someone to fill his spot.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just about all viruses are destroyed by exposure to UV rays but because the doseage of UV is yet to be determined and the actions of idiots who do not understand that UV only works on virus packets that are outside the body the health authorities are reluctant to make a big thing about it.
Down here we get near 3 times the UV that falls on the equator and of course clouds & atmospheric dust can cut that drastically .
From memory the recommendation was 15 minutes of direct sunlight. In fact sunlight kills nearly all virus packets .
And the trick is it has to be direct sunlight so if you wanted to decontaminate a carton, all 6 faces would need to be rotated so they faced the sun to guarantee efficency
It was unfortunate that when they thought that droplets was the only method of transferance , too much was reported and what was reported was done very badly .
Not a single news report mentioned that they were laboratory tests, done under safe lights ( leds in most cases ) in temperature controlled rooms at STP
All people heard was "THE KILLER VIRUS CAN LIVE FOR UP TO 4 DAYS ON SURFACES " after which surface spray sales went through the roof .

There were reports that people had been basking under UV to prevent getting covid and even people who choked after poking UV steralizing lamps down their throats .
One of my handy man customers told me he was flat chat replacing door knobs for copper ones after the surface life was widely reported.
These people will of course start suffering from copper poisoning if they don't keep the handles clean & polished and if you polish the copper it is not effective in killing viruses.

When Covid hit I was in the middle of a crippling attack of RA so could not walk for days on end so had way too much time to sit at the computer & do research .
The difference between what came from primary sites , secondary sites and what got into news and social media was astounding .

The good thing about being down here is we have a government run media organization , the ABC and despite it slowly deteriorating to commercial media standards, they still do a lot of quality work and in particular is a podcast called CoronaCast which for a while was their No 1 download and made No 30 worldwide . It was ( and still is ) good because it gave the results from lab tests , then explained what they meant, how valid the results were and what they meant to the public , although most of what got included was the answers to questions from the plulic which shows just how misinformed the general public was ( and still is ) .
Prime example was the use of chlorine as a dissinfectant , well known and used for centuries .
So from that you got idiot comments like the too widely publicised one from President Trump about injecting / injesting bleach .
This of course then prompted the idea that any drug with chlorine in it had to work, hence the hydroxychloroquine myth made worse by President Trump telling everyone he takes it daily.
I would assume this would be to counter RA or Lupus and from watching him him move he very well could have either one and by his size I doubt he would follow a low potassium & phosphorus diet to control the conditions.
From that came the chloroquinines cure myth followed buy the strait quinine treatment myths
From that came all of the idiots conflating malaria, which is a parasite infection with Covid which is a viral infection because the symptoms are very similar .

Status
Not open for further replies.