RZT S 46" Cub Cadet

I have the same problem on my RZT S 42. Dealer want to turn at 3oclok the muffler deflector.
Do anyone had other solutions proposed by dealer or Cub Cadet?
 
I looked at this mower yesterday and the exhaust was going out the right side at three oclock. Can't see how that can burn the grass. Did they make a correction on that? My main concern with this mower is the Kohler Courage engine, read a lot of bad stuff about this engine. The small rear tires bother me also. I'm afraid on my yard of a rough ride. Otherwise it's very comforable. I just got on the seat and tilted the wheel down and thought this would be a fun drive. It's way more comfortable than my Simplicity Regent. I guess I'll keep watching how everybody is doing with this mower.
 
when you say you make a turn at "speed".... are you sure the tire is not causing your "C" ? Sorry if this sounds obvious and I did not mean to ask a silly question. But I have never been able to make a turn at "speed" without the inside tire tearing turf.
 
I have been working with dealer that I bought my RZT S from, he called Thursday 6-14, and advised Cub has a kit to fix , Burning Grass Problem. He said that it should be in his hands by Monday and will be out to install. Will let all know if this will fix problem.
Pete
 
I just bought an RZT S 42". I love this thing but it is also burning my grass. I thought it was a leak causing the burn, but after reading this forum I see it could be the exhaust. Did rotating the exhaust to 3 o'clock fix your problem?
 
My RTZ S also burns the grass. Has anybody found a fix for this problem yet. Got my RTZ S 2 weeks ago and have several brown spots in my yard. There is also a brown stripe about 4" wide about 48" from my chain link fence. It's has been very dry & hot here, is this a problem with grass that is lush and green.
 
I looked at the exhaust of my RZT S last night, it has one discharge pointed at a 45 degree angle to the grass. I am going to rig a small diverter plate that will extend the heat shield to make the hot air go more horizontal instead of towards the grass tonight. I will add my results tomorrow (if is stops raining).
 
I worked on my exhaust last night. I attached 3 pictures to explain. I first removed the lower black heat shield (3/8" socket). There is a picture with the exhaust discharge pointing to 4 o'clock, this orientation misses the heat shield and points right to the grass. The last picture shows that I unbolted the discharge, rotated it to 8 o'clock and reattached (1/4" socket, the upper 2 bolts are hard to get to, I had a small ratchet that worked well). After I reinstalled the heat shield and started the motor the exhaust gets dispersed a lot better and goes more horizontal. I feel sure this will fix the burning of the grass. When I used the deck washing port last week and ran the blades while applying the water I parked in one spot. This burned the grass the worst since I sat there so long. The only downfall I see is this change will probably burn the yellow paint off the yellow rear bumper, I can live with that!
 

Attachments

  • 2012-07-11_19-55-21_583.jpg
    2012-07-11_19-55-21_583.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 2012-07-11_19-25-18_384.jpg
    2012-07-11_19-25-18_384.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 2012-07-11_19-50-54_567.jpg
    2012-07-11_19-50-54_567.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 75
My RZT S 50 has the same issue. I contacted the dealer and they said they were aware of it and they should have a fix by mid July. I just contacted them and they said it will be the end of August before they may have a fix. Their advise was the "not stop" or "mow faster" I thought I bought a lawn mower not a race car. I'm not very happy with their responses. I love the mower otherwise. I would expect more when I spend over $3000. My only other option is to see if I can return it and get a different brand.
 
I have cut the grass 4 times since I redirected the exhaust. It is not burning the grass anymore. What I notice now is the rear tire tearing the grass on the sharp turns. After about a week that spot will turn brown. I have been trying to make sure I turn the steering wheel all the way to make the rear tire go in reverse instead of pivoting which appears to be the problem. I will update later.
 
Back
Top