RZT 50

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I am not sure if it is mandated on residential zero turns but quite a few of the residential box store mowers i have worked on have that feature. None of the commercial ones do. Maybe it is like the tractor mowers that kill the engine if you reverse with the blades engaged.
Similar but the Cub Cadet RTZ system disengages the PTO clutch only. On some riding mowers the reverse system kills PTO only also but the operator must cycle the PTO switch to re-engage the PTO once going forward again.

With RTZ system if back over an object as soon you pull the lap bar out reverse you go ahead just make mince meat out whatever you ran over.

Kinda wondering which Husqvarna ZTR that has a manual PTO as I haven't seen one here.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Down here they are the RZ series from the RZ3016 through to the RZ4219 BF / 966582201 .
After that they get electric PTO's

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That explains it as haven't seen any 42" Husqvarna ZTRs, just Toro and Hustlers. I even seen a little 34" Ariens but all had electric PTOs.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The single blade ( Ex-Dixon ) design is not too bad but the twin blade deck is too shallow front back so the tension arm is too far forward causing the belt to run against itself .
Then there is not enough stabilization of the deck fore / aft so you get violent belt snatching and the belt run is too long for a 1/2" belt without some idlers for support.
Since you lot reduced the blade tip speed & killed off the 2 blade decks between 42" & 50" the 42" deck is THE deck down here.
Three blade decks add about $ 500 to the price of the mower and 48" is the widest deck that fits inside a standard trailer so 1/2 a G for an extra 6" cut aint going to sell
Wide body trailers cost a small fortune to buy , register & in particular to insure so only local makers do a 44"or 46" 2 blade deck but they are near double the price of imported mowers so I only see a small number of them owned by my most intelligent customers who mostly do their own maintenance.