Ryobi bp42 backpack leaf blower won’t start, help please

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Ryobi bp42 backpack leaf blower won’t start, help please
I see we are dealing someone that don't knows what a carburetor is. I am out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Throat is as you worked out the hole in the middle the air passes through
Warm the plug in your oven, toaster, with a hot air gun , sitting in front of a radiator , just so long as it is too hot to hold in a bare hand
This prevents fuel condensing on the plug & shorting it out .

B_Griff

Threads
Throat is as you worked out the hole in the middle the air passes through
Warm the plug in your oven, toaster, with a hot air gun , sitting in front of a radiator , just so long as it is too hot to hold in a bare hand
This prevents fuel condensing on the plug & shorting it out .
Ok thx, I’ll try that tomorrow and let you know

B_Griff

Threads
So it still didn’t start. Fuel seems to be leaking from somewhere though, and it really pools up when I try to get it started. I double checked the fuel lines and those are good. I kinda want to just start taking everything else apart to clean it up and see if I can find any obvious cracks or bad gaskets or whatever. Not even sure what to look for though.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have a spark and you have checked that the timing key in the flywheel is intact so the spark is at the right time and it will not fire using a hot plug & a small amount of volatile sprayed into the engine then it is deceased .
Rip it apart for the fun of it
Either the sals are gone , the bore is scores, the piston is holed, rings are stuck/worn out or bore is ovalled .
In any case all of there are terminal with Ryobi products because of lack of spare parts

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
are you trying to fix this still or just playing with it?

B_Griff

Threads
are you trying to fix this still or just playing with it?
Unfortunately, probably playin with it now. Limited time that I have chasing around 3 kids n working overtime. I would really like to learn about small engines since they’re gonna be a thing forever

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
EV is the new thing. Maybe use the old one as a door stop or sell it on CL for whatever you can get for it.

DaveTN

Threads
Try taking the plate off the top of the carburetor where the idle adjustment is located. Check
the fuel filter screen and if dirty spray it out but not too hard to knock the screen out as it just
sits pressed in there. Take out the diaphragm and clean it and spray out the holes you find as
well. Reassemble and try it again. Might have to adjust the "L" and "H" side. I screw both all
the way down until they bottom out, then back out the screws about 2 or 2 1/2 turns and try it.
You can adjust the "L" in or out enough till it both idles and throttles up like revving up a motor
cycle. The "H" High Side you make the adjustment about 1/2 throttle until it hits its max RPM.
May have to go back to the "L" (Low) side and tweak it a bit after doing the High Side.