Ryobi 80 volt zero turn

denkopf

Forum Newbie
Threads
anyone own one? any problems? mine leaves skidmarks on turning

bkeller500

Threads
Which wheel is skidding? Are you turning too fast? Are you doing a 3-point turn? In general ZT's will create a lawn scar if you don't slow down and make a wide or 3-point turn. Spinning quickly on a 180 degree turn is going to leave a twist scar from the inside tire. Especially if the grass is thin or wet. ZT's have become very popular due to their tight turning capability and speed for mowing but the average homeowner has to learn how to best utilize a ZT's capabilities and limit it's shortcomings.

denkopf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Which wheel is skidding? Are you turning too fast? Are you doing a 3-point turn? In general ZT's will create a lawn scar if you don't slow down and make a wide or 3-point turn. Spinning quickly on a 180 degree turn is going to leave a twist scar from the inside tire. Especially if the grass is thin or wet. ZT's have become very popular due to their tight turning capability and speed for mowing but the average homeowner has to learn how to best utilize a ZT's capabilities and limit it's shortcomings.
thanks for the reply, the inner wheel is doing the damage on slow 180 turns, I hear you on the tight turns but if I wanted to make wide turns I would have just purchased a tractor. I thought the idea was on a 180 the inner wheel would start to rotate the opposite direction (backwards) avoiding the inner tire from damaging the lawn. Is this true with all ZT's?
Thanks

bkeller500

Threads
thanks for the reply, the inner wheel is doing the damage on slow 180 turns, I hear you on the tight turns but if I wanted to make wide turns I would have just purchased a tractor. I thought the idea was on a 180 the inner wheel would start to rotate the opposite direction (backwards) avoiding the inner tire from damaging the lawn. Is this true with all ZT's?
Thanks
If you want the inner wheel to reverse then pull the right control back slightly.
A lot of guys made the same error and regretted making the move to a ZT. …. Me included. I can manage it but a ZT is not for everyone.

denkopf

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you want the inner wheel to reverse then pull the right control back slightly.
A lot of guys made the same error and regretted making the move to a ZT. …. Me included. I can manage it but a ZT is not for everyone.
Big thanks, it's a joystick so I do not have control of independent forward/reverse. but what you said seems to be a common problem so I will master the skidmarks :) Thanks for your help.
Dennis