Ryobi 25 cc Weedeater ?

Bryzzer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello
I have a Ryobi 25 cc attachable weed eater. It started with some high vibration today, and it does it with no attachments hooked up.
Anyone know what this could be?
Thanks
Feel free to ad some links or discuss what you did.
Thank You
:)
Brian

primerbulb120

Threads
Is it the light green model that says "Full Crank" on the back?

primerbulb120

Threads
Your clutch bearing has seized and now the entire bearing assembly is spinning in the clutch casing. Common problem on that model.

The amount of parts that will need replacing depends on how much you've used it since the vibration started. At best you will have to replace the front cover/clutch casing, which includes the clutch drum and bearing. At worst, I've seen units where the clutch broke apart and destroyed everything on the front of the engine, making the power head a total loss. There's really no way to tell till you get it apart.

How much mechanical experience do you have? You'll need to remove the green casing to see what's happened. Not a very difficult job, but you'll have to remove a decent amount of parts to get it off...

Bryzzer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your clutch bearing has seized and now the entire bearing assembly is spinning in the clutch casing. Common problem on that model.

The amount of parts that will need replacing depends on how much you've used it since the vibration started. At best you will have to replace the front cover/clutch casing, which includes the clutch drum and bearing. At worst, I've seen units where the clutch broke apart and destroyed everything on the front of the engine, making the power head a total loss. There's really no way to tell till you get it apart.

How much mechanical experience do you have? You'll need to remove the green casing to see what's happened. Not a very difficult job, but you'll have to remove a decent amount of parts to get it off...

Ok I can handle that ...so I need the whole clutch assembly ? ..it just started it today so I stopped .
Thanks for your input ...please keep I touch with more details ...I really appreciate it and thank you

primerbulb120

Threads
Part number is 310304006.

I don't have a YouTube account so pictures will have to suffice...

Bryzzer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Before you order anything, take it apart and assess the damage.

I took it apart and the green shroud is melted inside so I am going to order that ...and I also ordered a new clutch assembly since I have it all apart ...
Good thing I stopped when I did...I will let you know how it goes....thank you for the information.
Brian