Rust Disease

possum

Threads
We have had a good many different fungus problems this season. Many of them look rusty lol. Even the trees and bushes got rust colored splotches all over them. A lot of shady lawns just died. But then that last hot dry spell came on for a lot of September and pretty much cleared it up. Some trees lost almost all their leaves.

Threads
We have had a good many different fungus problems this season. Many of them look rusty lol. Even the trees and bushes got rust colored splotches all over them. A lot of shady lawns just died. But then that last hot dry spell came on for a lot of September and pretty much cleared it up. Some trees lost almost all their leaves.

Wow! And here, if that wasn't enough, in some of the yards I do there are cicada killer wasp mounds, so when I mow over them it creates even more dust (Like this picture I found)! :rolleyes:

killer wasp holes.jpg
(http://www.turfgrass.ncsu.edu/images/insects/CicadaKillerWasp/CicadaKillerWasp1.jpg)

possum

Threads
They like a bit more structure around here for some reason. They dig right against a sidewalk, house foundation, under a porch, tree root etc. They are not so numerous either. I have seen the wasp hunting and getting a good many though. The ant lions are making up for lost time this year under porches, solid traps. Has been a strange year since the new year began. This is the first year I have seen songbirds anting. Just last month they were still anting. My wife tried to get some pictures of it but the camera malfunctioned. Last summer was so hot, dry, and dusty this year seemed like a dream come true in many ways.

Threads
I ripped out a piece of grass with the rust disease on it (helping the lawn one blade of grass at a time!:laughing:) to see what it looks like. Here it is:

DSCN0536.jpg DSCN0534.jpg

metz12

Threads
that is so weird. i havent seen anything like that here. is it actual rust? or does it just look like it?