Runs but no power

T-LeDoux

Threads
My son brought me a Snapper SR1433 Model#331415KUE with a Kohler 14 HP Mod#CV14st Spec#1490. It had set outside and the carb was pretty corroded, the gas tank was about 1/4 water. I took the carb off and soaked it in cleaner for about 12 hrs and it cleaned it up pretty good(I thought) I ran a small wire through every hole to make sure it was free of debree couldn't get into the main jet, But blew air through it. Put it back together and it started right up:smile: the trouble I am having it it won't rev up and it just surges but when I take it off choke it looses RPM's. I work the throttle and it only goes so high, But if I pull on the Governor It Will rev up like it is supposed to. I thought the throttle and Governor linkages where crossed, But if that was the case it wouldn't choke it, So Hopefully there is something I have missed so I don't have to buy a new carb, But that would probably be the best thing to do.:-(

scott47429

Threads
check and see if the throttle cable is moving the throttle linkage all the way it could just be a adjustment or bad cable

T-LeDoux

Threads
The Throttle and Governor linkage are both working and have No restrictions.