Fuel rtz 50 zero turn engine cuts out????

ROYAL8U

Forum Newbie
Threads
I HAVE A RTZ 50 ZERO TURN FROM 2007 SO IT STARTS UP RUNS GREAT FOR ABOUT 10 MINS THEN CUTS OFF LIKE IT RAN OUT OF GAS BUT STILL HAS GAS IN THE TANK IT WILL TURN OVER AND START BUT WILL NOT STAY ON. IF I LET IT SIT FOR A DAY IT WILL DO THE SAME THING. SO DO U THING i NEED A NEW PUMP OR I HEARD OF FUEL LINES SWELLING UP.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First lets start with what engine you have with model number and lose the caps lock it implies yelling.

ROYAL8U

Forum Newbie
Threads
LOL RZT50 Kawasaki (2006) 17AA5D7P709,22hp

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sounds like a fuel restriction, pull the fuel line off before the fuel pump and check the fuel flow. Should flow with a fuel hose diameter. Then reconnect the hose, and disconnect after the pump and crank the engine and check the fuel flow out of the pump.. should be a steady flow, not pulse or start and stop.

May have to redo the test with the engine failed and see what happens. Just be careful when working with fuel around a hot engine. If that all checks out then we may have to look at other things.

jas54

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had the same problem with my cub cadet for over a year now. I have to remove the gas cap before the engine cuts out to keep the engine running. This is my third gas cap for this auto choke engine.

JAS54

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cubs seem to have bad fuel tanks,
Most likely crud in the bottom of the tank plugging the outlet.
Seems to be common problem on all Cubs both tractros & ZTR.
I have neededd to clean plastic moulding fins from inside the outlet tube on quite a few.