Export thread

Rpm issue

Slcasto

Slcasto

Why does my mower barely run, but rpm’s are normal when leaned all the way back with handle on the ground then back to barely running when all wheels are back on the ground?

new gas
New carburetor
New spark plug
New filter

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Need more info, what engine you have etc.
I have an idea floating around my head...

I

ILENGINE

Lets start with more information since Murray has been manufactured by 4 companies using 4 different engines. So the model number of the mower as well as the model number information from the engine. The engine model number is not the numbers on the recoil starter. Depending on brand of engine could be located on a tag on the side of the engine, engraved into the side of the engine, or over the spark plug, or over the muffler

Slcasto

Slcasto

Briggs and Stratton 500e
140cc
21”

Slcasto

Slcasto

Briggs and Stratton 500e
140cc
21”
Serial # 15 0812 51 04777

I

ILENGINE

09P602-0095-F1 I suspect that the float level in carb is too low causing improper filling of the carb.

sgkent

sgkent

define why does it not run. Are we talking about the engine speed, or the speed across the ground? How high is the grass it is cutting. How much fuel is in the fuel tank?

S

slomo

NEVER tip it like that while running. Oil starvation for one.

You have a fuel system blockage. Dump and flush the tank out. Install new fuel line from tank to carb. Set carb float level.

Slcasto

Slcasto

NEVER tip it like that while running. Oil starvation for one.

You have a fuel system blockage. Dump and flush the tank out. Install new fuel line from tank to carb. Set carb float level.
How do you set a float carb level?