Robot Lawn Mower in the Philippines

adan

Threads
This robot lawn mower is being sold in the Philippines by a very enterprising guy who actually just drop ships it from its manufacturer in China. It's being sold for P29,000 (US$665) with free delivery anywhere in the country.

robotlawnmower4jpg.jpg

Is the price reasonable?

P.S. Here's the link to its page in the local online store Robot Lawn Mower - Automatic Electric Robomower - Free Delivery Philippines - 1709318

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have no idea about that mower but before buying one I would like to hear from a few people who bought them and used them for a while.

Slightly off-topic: what does "Sulit" (name of the website selling it) mean? Do you speak a language other than English?

Languages of the Philippines (Wikipedia)
:

In the Philippines, there are between 120 and 175 languages, depending on the method of classification.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like Two Stroke says... it would be nice to know a little more about this mower... a real time video would show 'some things'...
$665 is not unreasonable , IF it is a well engineered machine...
If you check the specifications for the robomow, there is a LOT of information... they start around $100 more than that ...
Lawn Mower That Mows the Lawn for you ? Compare Lawnmower Models Provided by Robomow
These REALLY work, well built and last for YEARS... That is first hand experience, but compare the web sites... theirs is definitely short of information... KennyV

adan

Threads
Hi Two-Stroke and KennyV, thanks for the advice. I'll look around to see who has bought one. But it's great to know that the price is reasonable, depending now of course on the quality of the machine.

P.S. The word 'Sulit' is a Tagalog word which translates to 'worth the price' or 'good buy.' I speak three languages. My vernacular is Cebuano. My second language is English. Third is Tagalog. Everyone here speaks English -- schools, government, businesses, television shows, FM radio stations, major broadsheets, textbooks, street signs, signages, ads, etc. But we still maintain our own vernacular. Tagalog is the vernacular in the national capital region. Cebuano is common in the central and southern parts. There are 60 readily identifiable languages here. Linguists say there are 120.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
P.S. The word 'Sulit' is a Tagalog word which translates to 'worth the price' or 'good buy.' I speak three languages. My vernacular is Cebuano. My second language is English. Third is Tagalog. Everyone here speaks English -- schools, government, businesses, television shows, FM radio stations, major broadsheets, textbooks, street signs, signages, ads, etc. But we still maintain our own vernacular. Tagalog is the vernacular in the national capital region. Cebuano is common in the central and southern parts. There are 60 readily identifiable languages here. Linguists say there are 120.

Thanks, Adan. It's very interesting to learn about your country and its languages.

Good luck with your search for a mower. The one at the beginning of this thread sounds questionable. If I were you, I'd go with something with a verifiable track record -- verified from an source other than the people selling it.