Ridiculous mower regulations

In Australia you can mow in residential area's from Monday to Saturday, 7.00AM to 7.00PM......Sunday 9.00AM to 7.00AM.......otherwise you can be fined!:rolleyes:
 
In Australia you can mow in residential area's from Monday to Saturday, 7.00AM to 7.00PM......Sunday 9.00AM to 7.00AM.......otherwise you can be fined!:rolleyes:

If you overlap that with work schedule, it appears to me that you really don't have much time to mow. I don't see much promise in the morning. Leaving the office at 5pm would give you around an hour before 7pm, travel time and preparation included.

So, how do you do it, Lizard?

P.S. For the Sunday schedule, perhaps you meant 9:00AM to 7:00PM?
 
I've only got one neighabor and they are selling[not because of me].all regulations are mine. russ
 
If you overlap that with work schedule, it appears to me that you really don't have much time to mow. I don't see much promise in the morning. Leaving the office at 5pm would give you around an hour before 7pm, travel time and preparation included.

So, how do you do it, Lizard?

P.S. For the Sunday schedule, perhaps you meant 9:00AM to 7:00PM?

I work from 7.00AM to 1.00PM , 3 days per week.......never on a Sunday.
 
Here's a link to a US EPA pamphlet discussing emissions standards for small engines. It's geared toward retail dealers of lawnmowers etc. but contains a lot of information that applies to the consumer, particularly if you service your mower. Reader"s Digest Version: you can't modify these engines (under 25hp) or you'll face criminal sanctions.

One little bit of good news: it appears that pre-1997 small engines are "grandfathered" so you can modify those all you want.

The pamphlet doesn't talk about two-stroke engines (an interest of mine:smile:) specifically but I have to guess that the two-strokes have suffered under these EPA regulations. I don't know of any new two-stroke mowers available for sale in the USA. However, almost all hand-held, gas-powered devices (chainsaws, trimmers, etc) are two-stroke -- since they're so light -- which is one of the things I like about them. So two-stroke engines can still be sold but, for some reason, they aren't available on mowers. Does anybody know more about this? I did some searching via Bing and couldn't find anything better than the pamphlet.

Anyway, I have a wonderful two-stroke Lawn Boy mower that runs great at age 30+ and I'm always in the market for another good used two-stroke mower.
 
Here's a link to a US EPA pamphlet discussing emissions standards for small engines. It's geared toward retail dealers of lawnmowers etc. but contains a lot of information that applies to the consumer, particularly if you service your mower. Reader"s Digest Version: you can't modify these engines (under 25hp) or you'll face criminal sanctions.

One little bit of good news: it appears that pre-1997 small engines are "grandfathered" so you can modify those all you want.

The pamphlet doesn't talk about two-stroke engines (an interest of mine:smile:) specifically but I have to guess that the two-strokes have suffered under these EPA regulations. I don't know of any new two-stroke mowers available for sale in the USA. However, almost all hand-held, gas-powered devices (chainsaws, trimmers, etc) are two-stroke -- since they're so light -- which is one of the things I like about them. So two-stroke engines can still be sold but, for some reason, they aren't available on mowers. Does anybody know more about this? I did some searching via Bing and couldn't find anything better than the pamphlet.

Anyway, I have a wonderful two-stroke Lawn Boy mower that runs great at age 30+ and I'm always in the market for another good used two-stroke mower.

Two Stroke lawn mowers are mainly 'Rotary' types.......not many 4 Strokes, They are better than a 4 Stroke anyday.........Light and Powerfull.
 
Two Stroke lawn mowers are mainly 'Rotary' types.......not many 4 Strokes, They are better than a 4 Stroke anyday.........Light and Powerfull.

Can one still buy a two-stroke mower in Australia?

Do you have one? If so, please post a photo.
 
I've never heard of any local regulations about when we can mow the lawn. I would say that 7am is a bit early as a starting point anyhow, I'd rather any rules started a bit later and ended later, especially on the light nights. I wouldn't be happy about being woken so early on a weekend morning!
 
I've never heard of any local regulations about when we can mow the lawn. I would say that 7am is a bit early as a starting point anyhow, I'd rather any rules started a bit later and ended later, especially on the light nights. I wouldn't be happy about being woken so early on a weekend morning!

Australia is a Hot country in Summer......so 7.00Am...........the sun has been up for a few hours, I start at 7.30AM in Winter.....you can see what you are doing.......lol:wink:
 
Back
Top