RIDER MOWER SAFETY INTERLOCKS

Elias40

Threads
This is being directed at those whom think they are MACHO enough (false ego) to eliminate/bypass safety interlock switches on the new mower that they LOVE. Why? is it because you are too lazy to even operate something that does your walking for you? and, your son hasn't enough weight, to depress the dead man switch? Are you going to miss football? Better swaddle the youngster in thicker diapers, or give up football. Why?

A lot of front axles, being cast iron (like glass) have been known to break/collapse; throwing the operator over the hood, in the path of a now run-away-mower;And if you have the slightest iota on how to read, or figure things out; You will find that the warranty of that now demon who mangled, or killed your kid had no warranty. Who 'ya go' in to sue over that, Bronco, Billy?

The devices are there for a reason. Leave them alone.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is being directed at those whom think they are MACHO enough (false ego) to eliminate/bypass safety interlock switches on the new mower that they LOVE. Why? is it because you are too lazy to even operate something that does your walking for you? and, your son hasn't enough weight, to depress the dead man switch? Are you going to miss football? Better swaddle the youngster in thicker diapers, or give up football. Why?

A lot of front axles, being cast iron (like glass) have been known to break/collapse; throwing the operator over the hood, in the path of a now run-away-mower;And if you have the slightest iota on how to read, or figure things out; You will find that the warranty of that now demon who mangled, or killed your kid had no warranty. Who 'ya go' in to sue over that, Bronco, Billy?

I hope you feel better now that you got this off your chest.

Only a dumb *** would let there kid on a riding mower before they where old enough or big enough to handle it. Under the age of 14 is to young.
I have never in 50 years heard of a front axle break and rise a person over the front of a mower. You would have to be going pretty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Elias40

Threads
I hope you feel better now that you got this off your chest.

Only a dumb *** would let there kid on a riding mower before they where old enough or big enough to handle it. Under the age of 14 is to young.
I have never in 50 years heard of a front axle break and rise a person over the front of a mower. You would have to be going pretty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF
Not our chest, as we have no kids, as of yet; If you have been able to read the stuff that has happened over the last four years, and modifications people want to do to new machinery, out of convenience, hold on, as a story might grip your butt this next season, in spite of the lingering drought

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Safety Interlock and Safety switches are fine for the normal consumer or homeowner but in a lot of cases for the professional or business operator can be a PITA. It would also depend on what switches you're disconnecting.
You have Interlock safety switches, PTO switches, Seat switches, blade engagement switches, all can be removed depending on what you're trying to accomplish.
The thing is if you're the normal home owner I'd agree disconnecting the safety switches would not gain you a whole lot but for the commercial operator they can be a pain. The other thing is there are a lot of the commercial grade mowers that don't use all of the above safety switches,
So I guess your saying the manufacturers are also MACHO.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
But, the business owner must realize that the safety switches protect him and his employees. CYA in liability is a high priority to all business, either keeping your workers safe or protecting your customers property. I'll bet that over 10% of the "Lawn Proffessionals" on this forum, have units with safety switches disconnected and don't carry liability insurance. They are risking their livelyhood and listened too often to our resident drunken ranter. No good can come from that.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
But, the business owner must realize that the safety switches protect him and his employees. CYA in liability is a high priority to all business, either keeping your workers safe or protecting your customers property. I'll bet that over 10% of the "Lawn Proffessionals" on this forum, have units with safety switches disconnected and don't carry liability insurance. They are risking their livelyhood and listened too often to our resident drunken ranter. No good can come from that.

The only safety switches that I've disconnected are the Lap bars so the mower would mow in reverse. Basically there's no need or benefit to mess with any of the others.