Rgflo64

So is the choke on at cold position? If the air vane is not adjusted right then it will not start. Have you attached the little spring back on? The thermostat under the engine cover could be sticky or seized and not allow choke on.

Also use fresh fuel.

You could manually push vane with hand at different choke positions and get somebody to pull engine starter to see if it fires.

You replaced the magneto. Have you adjusted the magneto to flywheel magnets with a business card?
What are you using to check spark? You should use a spark tester.
Also metal plug caps can cause a non spark issue but usually allow cold start and when warmed up they breakdown electrically and cause a bad hot start.
Depending on model type and code depends on what plug and what gap should be.
 
Yes I checked with a spark tester,I have a brand new plug ,I set the magneto with a business card. I have a needle and seat and the float is plastic and I don't see how I can adjust it because there is no tab as on the old brass floats.
 
I replaced the needle and seat and removed an Inline filter I had placed in the line. I tried to start with no result. I sprayed starting fluid in the cylinder and it turned over maybe 4 or 5 revolutions and bleached out the exhaust.

Does it start if you spray starting fluid into carb? Does carb bowl have fuel in it?
 
I pulled the cylinder head and turned the engine manually and I have the intake partially open on the power stroke and the exhaust valve not opening until the end of the exhaust stroke. It appareny somehow.jumped time.
 
Check the flywheel key to see if it is sheared which would normally be done by blade hitting something hard.

Remove flywheel nut and cup to see.
 
The flywheel key is good, looks like new. The reason I pulled the head was the engine would not start but it would puff out the exhaust.
 
Sorry, I guess I can't help. Your assumptions and not wanting to follow my procedure leave me no option than to back out of this thread. The float can be adjusted, if you understood my directions and how a carb works. Hope someone else can help you or you can just purchase a new carb. Good Luck.

Thanks,for your input, but my problem was not with fuel after all, it turns out for some reason the engine jumped time and after further investigation I split the case and found the nylon camshaft was missing 2 teeth. I installed a new camshaft and it started on the first pull and runs fine. I just needed to look deeper.
 
Back
Top