Lance Shake
Forum Newbie
I have a X300 and I'm required to hold up on the switch to keep the mower running while I back up. Is there a way to bypass the switch. I have no small children to work about backing over.
I only need to hold up the lever when I begin reversing. Once moving backwards, I release it and the cutting continues
I have a X300 and I'm required to hold up on the switch to keep the mower running while I back up. Is there a way to bypass the switch. I have no small children to work about backing over.
Lawyers.Just had a John Deere 200 series in my shop with the same complaint from my customer. On that model JD the reverse switch was located in back of the drive train. It had a two prong connector that the wires went to the switch. What I did was disconnect this connector and ran a jumper wire to the two female wire connectors, end of story and a happy customer. Just don't understand why JD added such a stupid switch but I am sure someone has a answer.
Lawyers.
But to kill yourself all you need to do is reverse, blades running over that live power cord laying in the grass that you were too lazy / stupid to at least turn off before mowing.
To injure others you simply need to run over the air line you used to blow up your tyres and again were too lazy to replace & turn off the compressor.
Creationists firmly believe you can legislate out stupidity.
War mongers want lots of idiots available for cannon fodder should the need arise so they want to stop them killing themselves before hand.
Forward or reverse what is the different if you run over your power cord or air hose you can chew them up in any direction. I just don't see any common sense in the reverse lock out switch. We need some more ideas here???