Replacing wiring harness

ohuett

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an older Lazer HP 48" with 21hp Kawasaki.
Model- LHP4821ka
SN - 279100

I had some problems with the seat safety switch and PTO switch so I jumpered the connectors. Well last night I guess the jumpered PTO connector caused a small fire and melted part of my PTO connector and some of the wiring around the PTO connector. (Yes, I know I shouldn't have jumpered the different connectors but I needed my lawnmower...lesson learned obviously)

So I'm thinking I might replace the harness. Has anyone ever had to replace the entire wiring harness? How hard of a job is it? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Bicklebok

Threads
I have done a lot of wiring troubleshooting on my mower which is similar to yours. I would suspect its not that hard to do. Take some puctures before you start in case you get stumped.

ohuett

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply. My plan was to replace the wiring harness slowly...as I remove the wiring harness, I'd start reinstalling the new harness. I think it's better than just removing the old harness and then trying to figure out what goes where. Of course I'll take pictures of everything too so I can always have something to go back and look at for reference. Any other advice?