replacement crankcase

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Or you could just short block (494057) it for less than a hundred more (539.95 at one site) and it includes all the gaskets for the change over. Shipping weight is 36 lbs.

va40yrs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your replies/discussion. It appears I need the 807511 but would still like to know the specific difference between this and the 692543.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I understand, but let’s say if both engines were built in 1997, but one in February and the other in June, they aren’t interchangeable.
Ah okay, I see your point now Rivets.?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Do you really want to go through all the that work re-using all those used internal parts when you spend a $70 and get all the new internal parts. But maybe you like spending a lot time installing used worn parts plus any that got to replace that are bad.

Short block
494057.jpg

vs this crankcase only part.
media.nl

va40yrs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you really want to go through all the that work re-using all those used internal parts when you spend a $70 and get all the new internal parts. But maybe you like spending a lot time installing used worn parts plus any that got to replace that are bad.

Short block
494057.jpg

vs this crankcase only part.
media.nl
I appreciate your concern for my time and the expected outcome of my efforts. However, I can get a used crankcase for about $60 and may have to spend another $100 or so for gaskets, etc. I am retired and look at this project and something to help pass the time this winter. I have also enjoyed mechanical work but have never done it as a profession. So the used parts that I put into the used crankcase should meet my objective. Thanks.