Replacement Blades

Brucebotti

Threads
I always like to be prepared, so I am looking to buy an extra set of blades for my newToro MX5060.

Would you recommend sticking with the OEM blade? If not, what would your recommendation be?

Will use of other than OEM blades void the warrantee?

Thanks,
Bruce

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I always like to be prepared, so I am looking to buy an extra set of blades for my newToro MX5060.

Would you recommend sticking with the OEM blade? If not, what would your recommendation be?

Will use of other than OEM blades void the warrantee?

Thanks,
Bruce

That's a VERY good question(and most likely not specifically mentioned in an Owners manual). I had been considering getting a set of Gator blades to see if I noticed an improvement over the Gravely OEM blades(and like you just to have two sets to swap and keep sharpened). After pondering on this question, if I do I will most likely purchase them though my Gravely dealer(and specifically ask about Warranty implications). I figure if they say it's OK and they sell them to me....they had BETTER honor any necessary repairs to my mower during the Warranty coverage period. That's the approach I would recommend you take.

Brucebotti

Threads
That's a VERY good question(and most likely not specifically mentioned in an Owners manual). I had been considering getting a set of Gator blades to see if I noticed an improvement over the Gravely OEM blades(and like you just to have two sets to swap and keep sharpened). After pondering on this question, if I do I will most likely purchase them though my Gravely dealer(and specifically ask about Warranty implications). I figure if they say it's OK and they sell them to me....they had BETTER honor any necessary repairs to my mower during the Warranty coverage period. That's the approach I would recommend you take.

I will likely go the same route. The few extra dollars I pay are nothing compared to the dollars I paid out for the mower itself..:smile:
Thanks,
Bruce