replacement blade brake cable bolens 34050 petrol mower

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / replacement blade brake cable bolens 34050 petrol mower
I you worked on the engines, you would recognize that the cable is hooked to the engine brake.

Sounds like you are just coming up with chit cause you don't like me.......

But either way, Bolens has been out of biz for a decade, so putting up the "manual" was a waste of time......

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
About the same waste of time as you posting, but not knowing the difference between a blade brake cable and an engine control cable. Plus some people like to have the manuals for their old equipment.

P.S. You are correct, I really don't care for you, but that's just me the troublemaker, read my signature.

angellonewolf

Threads
thanks for the help guys and the mower instructions was helpfully when i was at work i found the instruction manual but did not have it at home that is the only reason i knew the make as there is the model number on the plate

thanks to rivets for the MTD control cable part #946-1130 or 946-04173E but looking on line these are not going to fit as i have a ring on one end and a normal hook

thanks for all help guys please any more would be great angel

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
thanks for the help guys and the mower instructions was helpfully when i was at work i found the instruction manual but did not have it at home that is the only reason i knew the make as there is the model number on the plate

thanks to rivets for the MTD control cable part #946-1130 or 946-04173E but looking on line these are not going to fit as i have a ring on one end and a normal hook

thanks for all help guys please any more would be great angel

You might have to cut that ring off and resoider it the new cable.

angellonewolf

Threads
i can solder but what sort of watttage would you need to solder this ?

thanks for all the help angel

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Soldering it back together will be extremely difficult, because of the amount of tension put on the cable. I suggest that if you try to put it together you use cable clamps which will be able to hold up to the tension needed.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why don't you just go get a new one made?????

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The reason they don't get a new one is that no one has been able to find a parts breakdown for this old unit. Because the only way to find one is to find someone who still has the micro-fiche cards for GardenWay, which has been bought and sold four times. My contact at MTD is looking for me, but even he says it is unlikely they will have any breakdown available.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The reason they don't get a new one is that no one has been able to find a parts breakdown for this old unit. Because the only way to find one is to find someone who still has the micro-fiche cards for GardenWay, which has been bought and sold four times. My contact at MTD is looking for me, but even he says it is unlikely they will have any breakdown available.

I get why he does not BUY a new one but he can take the old one and have a new one MADE. All he needs is the two ends and the length.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This is a stranded wire cable, not solid wire, much more difficult to make and very few have tools or parts to do so.