Replace with metal intake instead of OEM plastic on 22 hp Briggs Endurance V twin?

truckinguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Replace with metal intake instead of OEM plastic on 22 hp Briggs Endurance V twin?
My Husqvarna 22 hp Endurance Briggs with only 30 hours had the plastic intake manifold warp were the carb meets the intake.I applied a lot of gasket maker and that sealed it for now. I read other posts on the web and I guess this is a common issue. Briggs says it's because of over torqueing the mounting bolts but I can't see that. I bought it brand new and never had it serviced other then oil changes,etc. and I did that.
Can I replace it with a metal one from the professional series? I don't want to buy another plastic one. The new revised plastic has the same mounting as the old one so I don't think it will hold up better then the first one.
The carb seems just about the same that goes on the Metal intake. it's a Nikki 2 barrel. Only difference I can see it the intake gaskets for the heads are a paper gasket and the plastic intake had flat oring types set inside a groove on the intake.
Here is the part numbers for the two intakes...the plastic one that my parts list calls for is 591784 and the metal one from the professional line is 797503