Repair of a Snapper model 1650

otcogen

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello folks, I was emailed this site info and decided to join. Thusly, a question as well. I have a Snapper model 1650. I believe it is a 18 horse Briggs and Stratton, that has a mower deck and a three point / pto. One day many moons ago, the tractor was attached via 3-point & using pro operated tiller attachment. The whole works just froze while using the rotor tiller. That was many moons ago. I would love to have it or similar ride-on-tractor capable of same usage of attachments, tiller, etc. Now, the difficultly is this lawn tractor is of the earlier 1980s, which is not a long time for tractors but when I contacted Snapper a few years back there were some things Snapper has exhausted it's supply. I would like to overhaul it, because I hate to toss stuff out, also that anything with a power-take-off (pto) are difficult to come by. People likely feel like I do, they buy something and never get rid if it. I just would seem it would be a small fortune to repair, likely many time times that for anything from a dealer.

So, anyone on board with helps on this subject?

Thanks folks,

octagen (or just call me Mark)

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are lots of possible problems. Did the engine sieze, transmission, pto, tiller. A little more info would narrow down what you are trying to fix.