Briana

Briana

Welcome to LawnWorld!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair forum. :smile:

impalass

impalass

Welcome to LawnWorld!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair forum. :smile:

This is a lawn boy engine so i think you should move it back.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

This is a lawn boy engine so i think you should move it back.

I moved it back. :biggrin:

impalass

impalass

how do you remove the engine on a 5021 lawnboy

You have to remove the blade then the collar then the bolts holding the engine to the housing.

WhyZed

WhyZed

I think you better grab a beer and sit down after the bouncing-around you've taken! I've have less bumps getting some from a happily married woman!

You are in the right place now.

The engine comes off from under the deck! :thumbsup:

O

oldboys

how do you remove the engine on a 5021 lawnboy

First, remove blade assy. When taking off blade collar, strike corner of collar with hammer in direction of crank rotation to break taper. Once blade and collar are off, remove muffler. Once muffler is off, remove 3 bolts and nuts that secure engine to muffler plate. Thats it.

robinb66

robinb66

First, remove blade assy. When taking off blade collar, strike corner of collar with hammer in direction of crank rotation to break taper. Once blade and collar are off, remove muffler. Once muffler is off, remove 3 bolts and nuts that secure engine to muffler plate. Thats it.

Actually the engine mounting bolts are on the outside of the muffler, the only time you need to remove the bottom muffler plate is to take the engine mounting plate off!!:thumbsup:

impalass

impalass

Actually the engine mounting bolts are on the outside of the muffler, the only time you need to remove the bottom muffler plate is to take the engine mounting plate off!!:thumbsup:

Depends on what type of muffler is on the engine.

https://lookup3.toro.com/Ill/1x/5/5698/80190014.gif

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

It should have the kidney shaped muffler. I believe the engine can be removed without un bolting the cover, but good idea to do so anyway to clean the carbon deposits out while you're at it.