Remote Control Mower

Bethieboo

Threads
Thanks Kenny. All these guys are giving me mental pictures of run away mowers and for a while there I was afraid to go outside!

Berniep

Threads
RC controllers have been around for decades, and are very refined, there is no possibility for cross talk in a well engineered RC system... They work very well. There are commercially built RC riderless Commercial Lawn Mowers / Slope Mowers

a robotic mower should be self contained, no need to interface with an operator.. :smile:KennyV
Aircraft frequencies aren't allowed to be used on ground vehicles although I doubt you would ever get caught. Unless you shoot down someones several thousand dollar airplane and they come looking for the cause. It is easy to do if you are both on the same frequency and you send the other into the fail-safe mode. Unless you are using one of the new spread spectrum radios then its almost impossible to affect the other craft.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thats right... "there is no possibility for cross talk in a well engineered RC system" ...

Berniep

Threads
There certainly is the possibility of interference in all rc systems up until the latest 2.4ghz spread spectrum systems. The whole reason for frequency boards and flags at RC fields. I still would like to see a remote control mower. I just think the OP should be aware of the possibility of his RC system having consequences beyond his immediate surroundings.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I still would like to see a remote control mower.

There ARE some to see... this is but only 1 site you can see them... .
Remote Control Lawn Mower Videos | Remote Control Snow Blowers

Kubota built a line of RC full size mower tractors in the 80's... Kubota PX-2100...
They have been around for some time... causing NO problems.
The reason they have not cough on and swept the market place is you still had to be in attendance to operate 'just a RC mower'...
Then came robotic mowers... they do not need anyone to operate them... total electric.
KennyV

summitmowerscom

Forum Newbie
Threads
reflection%20on%20black.JPG.opt491x293o0,0s491x293.JPG

Here is the hydrostatic mower I built. Let me know if you are still working on yours and if I can answer any questions.