Remington 4620 Chainsaw

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
This may not be the right forum for this. But I'm having a dickens of a time trying to find the chain tensioner screw for this. It's right at 2" long.
20200317_164840.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Homelite PN 308767001

9938467-1-M-Ryobi-308767001-Tension-Adjustment.jpg

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey thanks man. Does homelite make Remington? This is the first one I've seen, I suppose. But then again, I've never really paid much attention to chainsaws much. Not until the last year or so.

BTW, how did you cross reference that part?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you sure it is a homelite part since MTD purchased Remington a few years ago and they make a RM4620 Don't offer parts for the chain cover just the entire assembly for like $17.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you sure it is a homelite part since MTD purchased Remington a few years ago and they make a RM4620 Don't offer parts for the chain cover just the entire assembly for like $17.

That's what I was thinking. I see the cover. But it didn't show the other side. So I had no clue if the tensioner was in there or not.

Wish me luck, I order it. I got a little break on the price, thanks to "honey."
I've been using "honey" for a couple of weeks now. it's probably saved me $10 or more.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh well I give up....it is still a Chinese unit.

The company’s chainsaws were most recently manufactured in China and imported by a Tempe, Arizona company. In 2016, the company’s chainsaws were manufactured by Zhejiang Pioneer Machinery & Electron Company of China. Then, they were imported by MTD Southwest, which is based out of Tempe, Arizona.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When faced with a broken chain adjuster, I simply fit a standard front facing adjuster.
Of course I have a grab box of 50 or so to choose from but in reality only regularly use 2 Husqvarna one and a Stihl one.
Some times you need a dab of glue to hold the nut in place.
I am yet to see a side adjuster that is worth the effort of fixing and $ 5.00 for an adjuster kit is a lot cheaper than and entire brake mechanism.
I would guess that some smart ass legal eagle won a massive pay out for this brain dead client who cut his little pinkie on the bumper spikes because he was using a stumpy screwdriver to adjust the chain & not the supplied tool.
They are all powder pressings and as such weak as water

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh well I give up....it is still a Chinese unit.

The company’s chainsaws were most recently manufactured in China and imported by a Tempe, Arizona company. In 2016, the company’s chainsaws were manufactured by Zhejiang Pioneer Machinery & Electron Company of China. Then, they were imported by MTD Southwest, which is based out of Tempe, Arizona.
Don't feel bad the new Craftsman saws are also made by MTD,

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
When faced with a broken chain adjuster, I simply fit a standard front facing adjuster.
Of course I have a grab box of 50 or so to choose from but in reality only regularly use 2 Husqvarna one and a Stihl one.
Some times you need a dab of glue to hold the nut in place.
I am yet to see a side adjuster that is worth the effort of fixing and $ 5.00 for an adjuster kit is a lot cheaper than and entire brake mechanism.
I would guess that some smart ass legal eagle won a massive pay out for this brain dead client who cut his little pinkie on the bumper spikes because he was using a stumpy screwdriver to adjust the chain & not the supplied tool.
They are all powder pressings and as such weak as water

I scrapped all my parts equipment before the move. Not a week after the move, I started needing what I scrapped. probably 10 to 15 saws went to the scrap yard.