Regent EX Cut/Deck Height

RegentEX_Owner

Forum Newbie
Threads
SimplicityRegentEX_backyard.jpgHello all, I'm new to this site but am excited to learn as well as share mower discussions with you. I purchased my first Simplicity Monday 6/2/2014 and it's a 2014 Regent EX with with the 25 hp engine and 48" fabricated deck. My question is, how can I adjust the deck/blade height so that I can mow higher but still make good contact with the rollers against the grass. I've included a pic of the rear of my lawn where you'll note good striping but the grass is too short for my preference. I would guess the mower is trimming the grass to approximately 2" but I would like to only cut the length to 4". Any suggestions?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Riding Tractor Regent EX | Lawn Tractors | Simplicity Mowers

Your Regent has an infinite/manual cut of height adjustment from 1"-4". It sounds like you have the same problem I did four years ago when I brought her home from dealer. Lower deck all the way and inspect all deck attachments to tractor making sure everything is tight and in tact. Grease and lube everything per owners manual. I will add here that my tractor had not been greased and lubed when I brought it home new from dealer in 2010. Using an oil squirt gun, lube all moving parts on deck making sure not to get oil on belts, if you do, use a shop towel to remove oil from belts. Very important here, apply grease with inexpensive paint brush to sector and pinion gears on steering shaft. After greasing and lubing drive her around slowly turning wheel and raising and lowering deck and see if she performs like she should.