Regent 48” fabricated deck steering issues.

C. H.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi!
Steering had lots of play and was skipping. Ultimately got worse and didn’t turn at all. Replaced pinion gear and the steering sector gear it meshes with and still has all the same issues. Shaft appears to be fine at steering wheel and pinion gear. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Scotty to tell you this, but when you changed the gears you should have checked and probably changed the steering shaft bushings.

driz

Threads
One other thing that will lighten up what you’ve got dramatically is by putting a set of those 3/4”:flat bearings and couple wide washers for your wheels to pivot on. I got 4 sets off of eBay in the spring for like $8.50 . I did a bit of shaming to get all a slop out, but the difference it made in my steering was amazing. Before that my region, and a lack of pig, and I will manhandling it to make it do sharp turns. Nelly handles just like a light weight machine. I only wish I just come across this nine years ago when I bought the thing because it’s been a pain in the neck ever since. All I’ve done is drip a little oil on them every couple of times I use it. for the price of those bearings I have another three sets to spare.👍🏻