refitting Westwood V25 50HE high grass mulching deck to stop belt melt!

Rogerwestwood

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / refitting Westwood V25 50HE high grass mulching deck to stop belt melt!
I've had this lawn tractor for ten years or so with minimal problems, but recently the belt from engine to cutter deck went up in smoke. I fitted a replacement, raised the deck height adjustment and pumped up the tyres to give it a bit more clearance in case resistance was causing slip and friction - same thing started to happen. I decided to give the cutter deck a good clean underneath and removed it, scraped all the gunk off and am now both somewhat stymied refitting it to hang right and also at a loss as to how to tighten the drive belt in case that have been the problem rather than resistance). I hope you can help me, as I can't find any schematics or pictures of how the high grass cutter deck should fit and be levelled - all the stuff I've found online is about the standard wheeled cutter deck.

I'd be hugely grateful for any help on this as I've just spent most of the day on it and am worse off than when I started!

So my questions are:

1. My reattached high grass mulching cutter deck now sits on the ground at the front. If I use the lift lever to raise it, it slips back. At front right the top strut actually touches the front axle (front left is clear). At the front right there is also a dangling component that I don't recall taking off to remove the deck, and I don't know if it is supposed to be attached to the cutter deck hanging bracket, or whether it is just left over from when the standard deck was replaced. It is two L shaped plates that slide against each other , one with a slot in it - see first three pics below..

2. At the back, the deck hangs from an inverted L shaped bracket with three bolt holes in it. I've used the top of the three holes - is that right? (last pic below)

Attachments

• IMG_7053.JPG
    IMG_7053.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7054.JPG
    IMG_7054.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7055.JPG
    IMG_7055.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7057.JPG
    IMG_7057.JPG