Red needle seal. Which direction?

Groove side down. The groove side faces the carburetor body. The flat side faces the needle. You can use the flat side of a 3/16th drill bit to install the seat.

34 years of working on small engines . i know a little but not everything.
 
So everyone seems to say flat side to needle and circle groove towards carb body.

If that is the case, it is good I asked you all, the B&S online help rep said the opposite. LOL
 
If you are talking about the red float needle seat, used on Briggs carbs, the grooved side goes toward the carb body and the flat side toward the needle.
I followed that same advice instructions and took out the old brittle one that was in there. I put in the new one and it just won't seal. I have the new float pivot pin and float metal needle installed. New float bowl gasket installed and the main jet is cleaned out along with the new gasket and the sucker still leaks at the needle seat area. Looks like I'm going to have to order a new carburetor. I'm taking it out and put it in there the proper way seeded it with a hex head wrench that will fit inside that circular cavity and it just won't seal to save my life.
 
Back
Top