Recommended Tire Pressure?

KenC

Forum Newbie
Threads
The manual for my new T2600 46" 19HP mower says to set the pressure according to the tire sidewall. But that is just a 'maximum', I know with a car you set per the car manufacturer spec, not the tire's maximum.

As they point out, the tires were set higher for shipping (~20PSI), so I did bleed them down to the tire max (10 PSI for rear, I think 14 PSI front) - but traction is not great getting in/out of the drainage ditch near the road.

On my old mower, I think I kept bleeding it down and comparing how soft each was when pushing it with my foot (my tire gauges didn't register much below 10 PSI).

Any suggestions?

-KenC

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
TIRE PRESSURE: FRONT: 14 PSI REAR: 12 PSI

KenC

Forum Newbie
Threads
TIRE PRESSURE: FRONT: 14 PSI REAR: 12 PSI

Where are you getting that info from? It conflicts with my tire sidewall, which says 10 PSI MAX on rear.

Maybe they have different tires from time to time (or location)? At any rate, it doesn't seem like setting to MAX is typical, max is max, not usually the actual recommended setting. But I suppose it is possible.

Do others here typically run lower than 'max'?

-KenC

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Where are you getting that info from? It conflicts with my tire sidewall, which says 10 PSI MAX on rear.

Maybe they have different tires from time to time (or location)? At any rate, it doesn't seem like setting to MAX is typical, max is max, not usually the actual recommended setting. But I suppose it is possible.

Do others here typically run lower than 'max'?

-KenC

Its from the manual, maybe like you say different make of tires and/or run at MAX...!