Rebuild

Gray Arrow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Old and new members, Gray Arrow here !
I need to pull a Deck Rebuild on my Toro ss5000 Model 74731 .
Who has the most reliable parts at a good price ? Can get Deck Rebuild kits but prices are all over and for some it appears I need to check all numbers ....?
Any advice will be appreciated!
Old Gray Arrow

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will need Serial Number for your unit.
Google part numbers for your deck looking for OEM Toro Parts.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to toro and down load your manuals Service & parts you will need the numbers off the ID tag in the engine bay to get the right ones .
As for parts the real companies that have real warehouses and names you have heard of like Oregon, Prime Line , Rotary & Stens will all have good quality parts at reasonable prices plus they alhave warranties and in most cases can be picked up from a local dealer who will be there to help .
Some will not be available and others like idler pulleys might need to have the stand off bushes swapped over .
Most of their stock is similar and much of it comes from the same factories .
After that on line dealers will have a better price than glass fronts although delivery will often make them more expensive .
Always check the company names to see it they really exist .
It is very easy to have a big web pressence which makes it look like it is a big company when all the time it is nothing more than a computer in some ones toilet .
Check to see if they list the number of each part in stock.
Losts of slease bag operations who will take your money then place on order for a part from a wholesaler only to find they have no stocks so 2 years latter they still have your money and you do not have your parts .