rear discharge mowers

bullet bob

Threads
Figured I'd better include the word 'mower' in the heading, otherwise I'd be in for all kinds of comments.
Guys, my next-door widowed neighbor lady's Gravely motor froze up. She's asking me for some help in finding another ZT. I've always thought that I'd like to try a rear-discharge ZT. Well, one is coming up at an estate auction. ExMark Pioneer 60". Lower miles. Problem is, if these have inherent problems with them, I was the one who suggested it to her. Have you any thoughts on these types of rear-discharge mowers? Thanks all.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
if they have counter rotating blades then they are excellent
If they are just a side discharge configuration with the hole in the back they are a disaster as they will block continually and are very difficult to clear the chute
Note the quality brands Grasshopper & Walker use counter rotating blades on their rear discharge decks .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Never seen a 3 blade rear discharge usually just a 2 blade with both of them spinning opposite directions
Left clockwise right counter clockwise
Both sides baffled so the grass is cut from the outside towards the middle then tossed strait out the back .

bullet bob

Threads
Yepper. This is a 60" Exmark. Apparently the center & r. side blade turn in one direction & the left turns in the opposite direction. I'm wondering if this might be the Tucker of the mower industry. Great idea but just didn't pan out?