Really dumb but you have to admire the engineering...

robert

Threads
  • / Really dumb but you have to admire the engineering...
Who knew that Sachs had rotary powered chain saws and lawn mowers, and that Dolmar put 24 chainsaw engines on a bike- if this can be done to a bike why not a few in a GT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDWqJe1dCgY

:thumbsup::laughing:

Last edited:

LawnDawg43

Threads
I gotta admit, I am impressed.

benski

Threads
Who knew that Sachs had rotary powered chain saws and lawn mowers, and that Dolmar put 24 chainsaw engines on a bike- if this can be done to a bike why not a few in a GT:
Chainsaw Bike - YouTube

:thumbsup::laughing:

Talk about opening up a maintenance can of worms; "I've got an occasional miss in this mower of mine, can anyone help"?:eek::biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Interesting concept, what amazed me is that those guys got all 24 engines started on a pull or two each....NONE of my chainsaws has EVER done that.

And, just how do you harness all those tiny engines together? And I doubt if the engines displace more that about 3 cubic inches each, 72 cubic inches isn't much for a big machine like that.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's an interesting video. I was surprised to see that the manufacturer did it -- I was expecting some backyard yahoo. Too bad they didn't show it running -- as in down the road.

robert

Threads
Does anyone know anyone who has either a Sachs or Sears branded walk behind with a rotary in it-did anyone know they even were made??-I didn't.

robert

Threads
I wonder how it would ride, as JD implies there isn't alot of hp for the number of engines; the link you provide also shows what talent some have; if anyone wants to marvel at pure genius;

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/KnappCol.htm

Be sure to look at the micro diesel engines, they run...

When I see the talent some have I realize just how much I suck.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Interesting concept, what amazed me is that those guys got all 24 engines started on a pull or two each....NONE of my chainsaws has EVER done that.

And, just how do you harness all those tiny engines together? And I doubt if the engines displace more that about 3 cubic inches each, 72 cubic inches isn't much for a big machine like that.

I saw it in person a few years back at a trade show. those are ps-7900 chainsaw engines which are 79 cc each putting out about 6 horse power each.