Realizing I should've started buying spare parts 3 or 4 years ago ! What's your favorite JD parts suppliers?

winmod21

Threads
  • / Realizing I should've started buying spare parts 3 or 4 years ago ! What's your favorite JD parts suppliers?
Woo-wee! Gosh, that is a warm winter! Those are the same as our mid-summer temps in our Pacific Northwest !:-0
Hopefully you'll get more rain and lots of it, but not too much (unusually catastrophic floods seemingly happening all over the planet currently), so that your drought and fire season is minimal, or as minimal as can be hoped for.
Almost 12,000 gallons is a nice size water tank; under normal use, how long do you expect one fill-up to last?
We have a beautiful 4000 square mile mountain range in the Pacific Northwest by the name of Blue Mountains, where we often hunted & fished all year long each year. Let me know if you're interested in viewing any links.
Well gotta scoot on back outside. May everyones' week ahead be great and productive and enjoyable. ;)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Realizing I should've started buying spare parts 3 or 4 years ago ! What's your favorite JD parts suppliers?
Sydney weather is about the same as LA.
Except for the fact the predominant air flow comes from Antartica so it is cold and very dry.
I was brought up on Kogerah Bay ( next one around from Botany Bay of Captain Cook fame )
We were dirt poor so ate the fish we caught almost every day and mostly the vegetables we grew including what we swapped with the neighbours.
I was getting that happening at home then when covid hit it has gone from strength to strength due to people being stuck at home & bored so now about 1/3 of the back yards only have a tiny patch of grass under the cloths lines the rest being turned into productive gardening .
Most Australian river are seasonal drains so the inland fishing is not particularly good unless you like smoked eel .

winmod21

Threads
That's interesting. Have always wanted to visit Australia but alas it never quite worked out. =(
One of my daughters visited several times whilst she lived for a year on Papua New Guinea.
Hearing of your Kogerah Bay.... reminds of that very moving and haunting song I've always really liked, Moreton Bay, about the British penal colonies established in and around Moreton Bay, up your east coast by Brisbane, Queensland.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzAcxHMVoo&list=RDAFzAcxHMVoo&start_radio=1
www.youtube.com/watch?v=09EDXj9XpSI
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMF57bRJdTk

I remember reading that our American Revolution had something to do with the transportations being redirected there, as our Revolutionists attacked and took over all of the British prisons in the American colonies - where the Brit's had been transporting/sending their great numbers of prisoners.
Anyways, the images and sceneries of your east coast and all of Oz look so inviting & beautiful. :cool: (y)

Last edited:

winmod21

Threads
Back to current problems . . . . yesterday, after installing a cheap fuel shutoff solenoid —that I unscrewed from a cheap $20 carb that I inexplicably ordered last summer via amaz, and wiring the connector— our engine started right up and ran as great as it's ever run for over an hour— my wife called me a "Mechanic Hero!" ...and I have to say I was almost in agreement with her as I said, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you very much! ? ?
Then, after running & mowing perfectly for an hour and a half I shut it down to do some trimming.... but then couldn't get it restarted 20 mins later after repeated attempts. Had to push it in the garage. =(( My heroism ended abruptly after an hour and a half. :confused:

So I'm currently trying to decide whether to have our old (probably original) Walbro carb cleaned in a hypersonic bath, or to forget about it and go buy a new carb ?? :unsure: Very depressing development ....after it started right up and ran perfectly for 1.5 hrs.
As I write this I really don't know what to do. =((

Another alarming thing... the engine oil dropped a full quart or more, apparently during the previous weekends' mowing; it was barely registering on the dipstick, which has never happened before. Typically, as long as we've owned the lawn tractor, the oil has never gone down more than 2/3 on the hashed area of dipstick.

Last edited:

Flint_Fredstone123

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hate me now. I go to google and type in the part number. Who ever has the lowest price + shipping, I go for it no matter who it is. If I want quality parts, I just do the same but compare only the original equipment manufacture.