Real I.D. driver license in the USA

Lawn Addict
Threads
Getting time for me to renew my DL, was wondering if anyone has already gotten the (Gold Star) Real ID license yet ?

Appreciate any input. I have read some good & some bad (naturally)..

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
We got the star deal on our renewals, might want to get on a plane later this year or take a cruise. Makes it some easier from what I hear. The gov't already knows everything there is to know about us so that's not an issue I think.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for your reply. Agree Guvment knows all already.
Here we must supply our SS card, Birth Cert, but renewal is good for 8 years, I like that..

AVB

Threads
Oh well just more stuff to get done; although, I renewed in June. I reckon but I not going through the hassle of trying to just get into an airport. I couldn't even rent a small Piper recently without being stripped searched. I quit flying commercially because the last Eastern airlines pilot stalled the 727 on takeoff, scared the heck out me and I was nervous wreck the rest of the flight. I reckon that what I get for learning to fly and had that seat of pants feel.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I didn't get a renewal notice but knew my license was about to expire. When I arrived at the DMV, I was asked for a bona fide identification papers, such as passport, birth certificate (not a copy), SS card, etc. I asked how I was supposed to know all this, since I never received a renewal notice?

I was told that without those documents I would be unable to board an airplane. WTF? Have there been that many terrorists board airplanes with phony drivers' licenses lately? And, if somebody is going to produce phony drivers' licenses, what's stopping them from putting a fake star on them?

AVB

Threads
I just wondering when they are going to start chipping us like dogs as all those documents can be forged. Then of course someone would figure to hack that too.

Andi

Threads
I just wondering when they are going to start chipping us like dogs as all those documents can be forged. Then of course someone would figure to hack that too.
If you have an ATM or credit card, you are already chipped. They have about 10,000 data points on the average individual. Smart TV's do not turn "off" they "Hibernate" but the audio and video can be used if they deem it necessary. And if you have Alexa, or Amazon dot? Every word you say in your home is being recorded...JFYI.

AVB

Threads
Yelp I know the credit card chip. I had to recently replace my card because it got scanned at the hospital ER without leaving my wallet. I was getting charges from a window washer in Calif and I in Tenn. I now have RFID protection wallet. I got a very dumb old analog TV. No cell phone of any type. Even I had one I would remove the battery at times to avoid being tracked. No Alexa or Amazon. No Wi-Fi. I even login on the net via TOR. All outgoing emails are encrypted whenever I can do it. Just don't like being spied on.

What I meant by chipping was a physical RFID chip in our bodies.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I didn't get a renewal notice but knew my license was about to expire. When I arrived at the DMV, I was asked for a bona fide identification papers, such as passport, birth certificate (not a copy), SS card, etc. I asked how I was supposed to know all this, since I never received a renewal notice?

I was told that without those documents I would be unable to board an airplane. WTF? Have there been that many terrorists board airplanes with phony drivers' licenses lately? And, if somebody is going to produce phony drivers' licenses, what's stopping them from putting a fake star on them?

I did get a renewal notice, but nothing mentioned at all in it about the paperwork or the Real ID license. Here we have till October to get it. I figured if I'm going to go to get my mugshot anyhow, I may as well take all the papers to get it all done at once.

Only reason I knew this new deal was happening was news on TV. So I looked on the computer to see the latest.

Here they say in time any FDIC banks will require the Real ID as well. I think (maybe in time) this is going to be the way. Since 9/11 things are changing.

If it helps keep things safer, I'm for that. Big brother already knows too much of my biz anyhow. Such is life.

Last edited:

logert gogert

Threads
i have no idea what yall talkina bout 0_o