Re-building a 10525 tomorrow

lewb

Threads
Been interesting spring so far. Burned up a 4.75 94 silver mower that I had since new. Replaced it with a 10525 that was sitting on a lot for some time. Ran good mowing the lawn once. I paid 35.00 for it so I figured if I have to put some money into I have room. Well the connecting rod bearing let go and the connecting rod disingrated at WOT. Got a new short block for 100.00 and will be putting it back together tommorrow night. I will have some pics maybe a video. For 135.00 I should have a new 2-stroke self propelled mower.

WhyZed

Threads
Ya, every once in a while we should crack our engines open, check tolerances and replace worn parts..
Ah, in a perfect world..

lewb

Threads
Motor works great, had one issue with pulley for drive belt. Questioned the direction on shaft changed it. Basically had it right the first time then reversed it. Now belt is too high and will not release belt because there is too much tension. I have to lift the motor from exhaust plate. One bit of advice if anyone buys a lawboy sitting out side in the elements(hopefully selller will tell you) plan on installing a short block into the deal. I knew this one sat out side so when it came apart I was not too surprised.

WhyZed

Threads
The video is gone before I could see it :confused: