Question - Husqvarna 48" YTH24V48 Mower Deck Clutch

JMSnodgrass

Forum Newbie
While mowing a few days ago I threw the mower deck drive belt and had a really strange noise coming from the mower deck. Pulled the deck and found the center pully assembly broken off. Replaced it and all three blades, re-installed the deck and when I engage the deck drive I just hear a click but the clutch does not engage. Before I order a replacement clutch assembly I wanted to ask here if there are any other things I should troubleshoot first?

Thanks in advance,
-Jeff
 
Hello J.,

Go back over your work. Lift the mower with the deck attached and see if the blades are simply pinned against each other or the deck housing. Ask yourself why the center spindle housing/pulley broke. Was their hard impact with an object or a tree root that created the damage?
 
Back
Top