Question about replying to threads

hankthecrank

Threads
Why isn't there a REPLY TO THREAD link at the bottom of the page, it takes up a lot of room when people reply with quotes to every post and a person wouldn't have to always scroll to the top of the page to reply?

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why isn't there a REPLY TO THREAD link at the bottom of the page, it takes up a lot of room when people reply with quotes to every post and a person wouldn't have to always scroll to the top of the page to reply?

Some times there is a link/ most of the time there isn't.:confused2:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
There is a reply to thread button (dark green) on the left side of the page on both the top and bottom of each thread. Also, there are "reply with quotes" links at the bottom right corner of each message. :thumbsup:

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is a reply to thread button (dark green) on the left side of the page on both the top and bottom of each thread. Also, there are "reply with quotes" links at the bottom right corner of each message. :thumbsup:

There is no green button at the bottom of this thread but sometimes there is on other threads.:confused2:

hankthecrank

Threads
I fully understand, but what I see is everyone replying with a quote and adding a bunch of bloat to the thread that I personally don't like to have to wade through.

hankthecrank

Threads
Just like bakerg's post look at all the unused space below the heading and above the quote, please don't take offense, just using your's for an example.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Actually I like the occasional extra empty space... Makes things look Uncluttered & the outer-net is not running out of space yet... Plus it gives room for all the 'yet to come' advertising :thumbsup:

The "reply to thread button (dark green) on the left side of the page" has always shown up on all the posts I have seen. I use Fire Fox, that may be a difference?? :smile:KennyV

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Actually I like the occasional extra empty space... Makes things look Uncluttered & the outer-net is not running out of space yet... Plus it gives room for all the 'yet to come' advertising :thumbsup:

The "reply to thread button (dark green) on the left side of the page" has always shown up on all the posts I have seen. I use Fire Fox, that may be a difference?? :smile:KennyV

Green button always shows up on top of page for me but sometime not on bottom of page.:confused2:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's easier to respond to just one person by quoting them (since so many people use impossible to remember spellings of nonsensical words), then you know who they're talking to, and about what.

I've always thought a post with no quote is directed at everyone who reads it. It's like having a conversation in a restaurant. A quote is like an almost-private conversation in public, whereas no quote would be directed to the room. Now, I'm talking to you, HTC.

But, it would've been easier to quote you. :biggrin: