question about needed services on dying mower

oldwaysx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Would a carbeuretor that was cleaned a year ago need to be cleaned again if my mower is making startup exhaust type noises when i use it, and then seems to want to die? It has started back up after i give it time to cool down like 15 min and many times I would have to keep pulling ste string to get it to start up on a first cold start. Does this sound like a dying spark plug or can an unclean carbeurator do this or what?

Also when i tipped the mower over to remove gas i must have made some mistake becuause the oil started to leak throuhgh the air filter. Would a clogged air filter with some slight oil coverage cause the mower not to start too since it doesnt want to start at all now.. It may have leaked throught the carbeurator too but am not sure if it would do this? Any thoughts? Would the carbeurator require a cleaning just becuase this happened? These last things happneded only a few days ago and was not an issue before IIRC.
I take it to replace the air filter too, since it covers about 30 perect or close to it now... i have a honda hrr216 mower

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post complete Model & Serial Numbers from your Honda HRR216. When turning mower on its side carburetor should be facing upward at top. Your Honda needs maintenance, adjust valves to specs. in manual with engine cold, new spark plug check gap, remove mower blade & clean, inspect for cracks, etc. sharpen, balance blade, replace air filter, change oil.

Last edited: