question about an X330

wolfen

Forum Newbie
Threads
it says to change the oil the first time at 50 house, I'm at 21 now and my got says to change it should i go with my gut or wait
Its a 2023 John Deere X330 46" mower I got it this year, because I was sick and tired of rebuilding a mower just to cut my acre or buying some pos that somebody else is tired of, I can rebuild them easily enough, i can even Frankenstien a mower, but after operating this x330, I'll never do that again

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And just think the Briggs 44 series is an easy to work on engine. Just think I had to pull one twice in one week recently due sump gasket failures. The real pain on the Hustler Super Z was all the items has to come off just to get the engine off and then all the items that has to go back on. Especially when one mounting bolts takes a magician to remove and install.

Threads
it says to change the oil the first time at 50 house, I'm at 21 now and my got says to change it should i go with my gut or wait
Its a 2023 John Deere X330 46" mower I got it this year, because I was sick and tired of rebuilding a mower just to cut my acre or buying some pos that somebody else is tired of, I can rebuild them easily enough, i can even Frankenstien a mower, but after operating this x330, I'll never do that again
I have an X370 42 ". You should change the tranny oil and filter at 50 hrs. It certainly won't hurt to also do the engine oil then, but I don't think I did mine that soon. Don't have the records in front of me right now,but check the manual again .

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can change the oil every day if you want to
Usually I try to get customers to change their oil after the last mow of the season so over winter it is sitting there with nice fresh oil in the sump with little chance of contaminants agglomerating into sludge .

wolfen

Forum Newbie
Threads
Its winter so I dont need it for anything, I drained all the gas added a stablizer ( from JD of course) then refilled it, I alos changet eth engine and ransmission oil both at 30 hrr I asked my local dealer, they said I didnt need it till 50 because all i do it cut grass and pull a really tine trailer to pick up limbs that fall

started it yesterday, I do it once a week and it STILL runs liek new