Question about adding a magneto kill switch to bypass wiring problems

kulardenu

Forum Newbie
I have a Simplicity Coronet Hydro 12.5 Kohler 34" deck. Has a starting issue I can't nail down. Frequently No Sparks situation and now it won't at all. I can get spark when removing the kill wire from magneto. What I'm wondering is to get the lawn mowed, can I remove that wire and just put in a toggle switch from ground to magneto without hurting engine? Wiring is a mess and already has the seat switch removed.
 
If your mower doesn't have a electric clutch or lights you shouldn't even need a charging system. Just buy yourself a small battery charger to keep the battery charged.
 
Sounds good no problem there. You do know by doing so will bypass all safety switches, so be careful.

Double ditto on this, you fall off , get off etc the mower ain't going to stop never recommended to do except for diagnosis so please be careful and hunt down the broken switch / wire.
Check under the dash as a lot of switches have a separate ground wire, not part of the main plug and usually screwed onto the body a short distance away ( saves wire ) and there are prone to coming undone or falling off.
 
Back
Top