Query about new threads

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Muhammad, immediately after I post a new thread your site shows information that it has been viewed one time, I interpret this as meaning some type of computer generated program has scanned my new thread for any offensive language and/or confirmed me as the author. Is this correct? Thanks.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Muhammad, immediately after I post a new thread your site shows information that it has been viewed one time, I interpret this as meaning some type of computer generated program has scanned my new thread for any offensive language and/or confirmed me as the author. Is this correct? Thanks.

Most all forums will post information of a viewing of the thread upon posting. My RRSC forum and the Lawn & Landscape forum both do the same thing as well as the others. I may be wrong but it has something to do with the forum software they're using, that is the people or company who actually builds or put these Bulletin Boards together.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Technically, I'm not sure what the first view is. It could be counting you as the first view, or it could be counting the review as the first view. :confused: Wish I could give a clear-cut answer but I'd have to research it more.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Technically, I'm not sure what the first view is. It could be counting you as the first view, or it could be counting the review as the first view. :confused: Wish I could give a clear-cut answer but I'd have to research it more.

Thanks, it is not that urgent, and I have found when I view the original thread again AFTER posting it, my view does not add to the total. It's merely something an old, retired guy with too much spare time can wonder about.