Qestion on Accessories for Husky tractor

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you had two rear ends one locked and one not you could just change them out every fall and spring. Only takes about 15 mins.
And you don't have to weld the gears to lock it

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Now really how many home owns are going to do this and you are dreaming with this 15 min thing.

metz12

Threads
how do you not have to weld the spider gears to lock the rear end?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Now really how many home owns are going to do this and you are dreaming with this 15 min thing.

If you can not take out 4 bolts and a brace pull the rear end out and put the other one in in 15 mins then your just slow. And yes we have timed it to see how long it takes

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
how do you not have to weld the spider gears to lock the rear end?

I will post a video.

But you drill a hole and bolt in a gear.

Not every one had a welder.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you can not take out 4 bolts and a brace pull the rear end out and put the other one in in 15 mins then your just slow. And yes we have timed it to see how long it takes

OK I will go along with this. Not that anybody I know would even consider such a thing including myself. Now is this 15 minutes for a home owner without a shop and no tools of course. Its sure has to be a lot faster with all the proper tools and a shop. I am out of the running on this one because it would take me more then 15 mins. to get the mower jacked up, get my tools out, and put things away after. I am just extra slow you know. I am sure a lot of home owners would also like buying a extra rear end just to store so they can change it back and forth as they need it. Now do you also need a extra pair of wheel and tires for this also? I find the average mower owner where I live don't want to change there own engine motor oil and filter much less change the rear end. I am also thinking the person who started this thread isn't thinking about this also, but was writing about a differential lock that came with the tractor .

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK I will go along with this. Not that anybody I know would even consider such a thing including myself. Now is this 15 minutes for a home owner without a shop and no tools of course. Its sure has to be a lot faster with all the proper tools and a shop. I am out of the running on this one because it would take me more then 15 mins. to get the mower jacked up, get my tools out, and put things away after. I am just extra slow you know. I am sure a lot of home owners would also like buying a extra rear end just to store so they can change it back and forth as they need it. Now do you also need a extra pair of wheel and tires for this also? I find the average mower owner where I live don't want to change there own engine motor oil and filter much less change the rear end. I am also thinking the person who started this thread isn't thinking about this also, but was writing about a differential lock that came with the tractor .

Your right I don't know anyone that would do this. Have two and switch then out as needed.

It was kind of a hypothetical statement as someone else said you could have two sets of gears and axles.

Sorry of I insulted you I really did not mean to.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your right I don't know anyone that would do this. Have two and switch then out as needed.

It was kind of a hypothetical statement as someone else said you could have two sets of gears and axles.

Sorry of I insulted you I really did not mean to.

Its a long way from insulting me I am having fun with this. I enjoy reading your post and read a lot of them. If something or someone on a forum I don't like its very easy not to look at it and go else where.