Push mower oil leak Briggs

Any time I am working on the internal parts of an engine, repairs or rebuilds, I use this product. Never had to worry about not having moving parts protected. Always have a bottle around.[h=1]Permatex 81950 Ultra Slick Engine Assembly Lube[/h]
 
These are really basic engines with wide tollerances by modern engine standards,
So a shot of SAE 30 mower oil on all parts as they get assembled is fine.
If you are going to take 3 weeks to get it back together then perhaps some assembly lube, but I have never used it an am yet to have a rebuild failure due to insuficant lube during assembly.
 
These are really basic engines with wide tollerances by modern engine standards,
So a shot of SAE 30 mower oil on all parts as they get assembled is fine.
If you are going to take 3 weeks to get it back together then perhaps some assembly lube, but I have never used it an am yet to have a rebuild failure due to insuficant lube during assembly.

+1 ^^^

As Tyrel would say, "this ain't a Space Shuttle, it a lawn mower"!
 
Any time I am working on the internal parts of an engine, repairs or rebuilds, I use this product. Never had to worry about not having moving parts protected. Always have a bottle around.[h=1]Permatex 81950 Ultra Slick Engine Assembly Lube[/h]
Plus one on the permatex:thumbsup:
 
I think he means the gray stripe all around the valve............

Ok so I was checking valve clearances. TDC seems arbitrary on this thing. There is a point where the engine is at TDC but crank “releases” a bit. When I check clearances they aren’t great. When I back up and feel some resistance, spot on. Is this normal?
 
Back
Top