Purpose of these bars?

Sonders

Threads
Hey guys. Been wondering what purpose these bars serve that run from front crossmember down to the mower deck. All chain hung decks i've seen are only hung by the chains, but mine has these bars as well. They seem to me to keep the deck from floating with the terrain on uneven terrain. I'm assuming they add extra support but could it be that much?? This is on a 2010 Z4.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey guys. Been wondering what purpose these bars serve that run from front crossmember down to the mower deck. All chain hung decks i've seen are only hung by the chains, but mine has these bars as well. They seem to me to keep the deck from floating with the terrain on uneven terrain. I'm assuming they add extra support but could it be that much?? This is on a 2010 Z4.

Where they tie on to the cross member and bolt on are those ends threaded?

Sonders

Threads
Nope, solid bars. Thats why I can't figure out how they are of much use.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nope, solid bars. That's why I can't figure out how they are of much use.

Well if there not threaded for some type of adjustment, I don't know what there purpose would be. The mowers I've seen with those were threaded. Sorry but maybe someone else will chime in.

turboawd

Threads
your deck is suspended by chains, but those links keep the deck from moving fore and aft and side to side. unbolt them and then you'll see your deck swinging around out of control.

Sonders

Threads
What keeps the decks from swinging around on all the other mowers built without those links?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nope, solid bars. Thats why I can't figure out how they are of much use.

Those bars on other mowers are adjustable and used for setting the pitch on the deck and also adjust the fore and aft setting on the deck. Are there a couple of different holes that can be used for the bolts or can the bolts slide forward and back?